Now that things have settled down, how is the A9 holding up?

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I am a klutz, I NEED an otterbox or similar case. :(

Even with the recent behavior change (which I assume will be addressed, maybe?), I am still VERY fond of HTC's Dot View case. Not going to be super protective like an Otterbox or similar, but for me, it's the perfect case for my A9.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah $499 is too much, but the Nexus is too big for me, 5" is right at she sweet spot.

I've had my unlocked version since they first shipped in November. Never had any issues with battery, which was my biggest worry. I play few games on my phone, only solitaire and Sky Force installed. I mostly use Youtube, Google Music, Pocketcast, Gmail, and Chrome. Everything ran great on 6.0 and I have gotten the update to 6.0.1. I think battery has been even better since update. I should also mention I use Android Wear, but haven't upgraded to 1.4.0.2470307 which appears to be having a bunch of problems. I think $399 is a fair price for the phone, but now that it's $499, that is too much. The Nexus 6P is a much better purchase if you can handle the size.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my A9 since Thanksgiving. I am completely satisfied with the performance. Haven't had any problems at all. I paid the pre order price but it would be worth the higher price. The battery is better than I expected.

Posted via the Android Central App

I am replying from my phone since I'm waiting on my daughter right now but how long do you go on a charge can you make it all the way through a day? If you can make it from say 7 in the morning till 7 at night then that's going to be a big deal and I can charge it overnight.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I am replying from my phone since I'm waiting on my daughter right now but how long do you go on a charge can you make it all the way through a day? If you can make it from say 7 in the morning till 7 at night then that's going to be a big deal and I can charge it overnight.

I don't think I could make it 12 hours on a charge. I usually top it off during the day. I did make it more than 12 hours between charges, with 5 hours SOT, but I was connected to WiFi the entire time.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

I don't have any problem making it from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. That is with a couple hours of streaming music, 2 + hours of telephone talk, some email and internet.

atariguy

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I've enjoyed mine, except for the camera. I can no longer get it to focus. This is especially noticeable when trying to do a mobile check deposit, but now I'm finding even normal pictures tend to come out blurry. :(

I'm starting to wonder if I need to exchange my phone, or if it's a software thing. I've found threads for older HTC phones with a similar sounding problem, but nothing yet on this one. Anyone else having this problem?

macdonx

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Initial reviews of HTC One A9 were very disappointing. I've had HTC phones before and I've always loved them. I switched to the Xperia Z line soon after M7.

When the price dropped to about $350 on Ebay, I thought to myself that I'll take the plunge and buy the A9 anyway. When I unboxed this phone, I fell in love immediately! It's a gorgeous phone! It's as big as the Xperia Z3 that I have, but the A9 feels so much better on the hands. It's definitely thinner. The entire phone just feels good to hold.

I am not an amoled screen fan. I think the colors are oversaturated and sometimes subdued. I still prefer the screen on my Xperia Z5 Compact. However, amoled also enables this phone brightness to be on about 25% and still clear.

I didn't like the launcher on this phone. I didn't like the fact that there was no option to change the app drawer to horizontal. It only came vertical scrolling. Xperia got this one right. So, I installed Nova Launcher and I'm happy.

I was also suprised to learn that HTC Music app wasn't installed. I tried installing it but it would always crash. To solve that, I installed Pulsar+. Happy camper here.

I like the font customization that HTC included. No, I LOVE IT! I'm glad they added this.

Camera. I am not really particular about phone cameras as I do have a real one for when I need to take some shots. Having said that, I am impressed with the cameras on this phone. Clear. Crisp. Quick!

Sound. I don't think it comes close to Xperia Z line. But it's pretty close. Oh, I'm talking about music through headphones. Obviously, this phone cannot compete with Xperia's dual front facing speakers.

For all its little flaws and imperfections, I think the HTC One A9 is very well underappreciated. It was worth the $350 that I paid for it. I just don't think it's worth over $400.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74