Gmail Icon Missing

thowells

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My gmail wasn't working so I uninstalled it. Upon reinstallation, I was only offered an update so the underlying program must not have truly deleted. Upon reinstall, the program was restored and is functional but the Gmail icon has completely disappeared. It's not on my desktop or app tray. It is visible through settings but I'm not allowed to uninstall, only reverse updates. I'm guessing it was pre-installed on the phone (I can't remember) but the issue remains that the icon has completely disappeared. Any ideas?

thowells

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't offer the option to uninstall, only uninstall updates. I cleared cache in gmail, uninstalled updates (which deleted gmail icon from the app list and confirmed reverting to factory installation). Opened gmail in google store and it shows older version of gmail on phone even though there is no visible gmail presence on the phone. Reinstalled gmail (it only offered updates, not installation, even after rebooting phone and still not displaying gmail in settings: apps?). Result: gmail back in apps listing but no icon anywhere else on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress