HTC's Savior?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Exactly the one v was the budget phone hence why its on the prepaid companies the one s was T-Mobiles version of the one x since att had exclusive rights to the x version

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Not exactly. They are two completely different phones. Each also has it's own international version.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Honestly I'm already a bit more impressed, since it's one phone on 3 out of 4 major us carriers. As for Verizon, not surprising since they are so hard to work with anyway. Most like it'll come out as some sort of droid incredible refresh since that's the name that won't die.

Still marketing marketing marketing! I see as many galaxy s3s as iphones but only one person I know has a variant of the one x, and it's not the one x, it's the evo lte. They really need a campaign that directly attacks Samsung. Samsung used that strategy against apple and it worked, htc should follow suit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

They could but it'll be a lot harder for them than it was for Samsung to do it to Apple for several reasons.

The iPhone 5 was disappointing even to many Apple fans, and Samsung had the reputation of the S2 to help boost hype about the S3, making it easy for them to talk trash about the iphone while boasting about their product and it worked.

Now HTC has a lackluster reputation and if that wasn't hard enough they have to compete with the two biggest names in the smartphone world. It's gonna be a very uphill battle for HTC.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly. They are two completely different phones. Each also has it's own international version.

I never said they was the same phone. The x s and v is totally different phones. I said the s is T-Mobiles version of the first one series phones. Like the evo lte is sprints version.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I never said they was the same phone. The x s and v is totally different phones. I said the s is T-Mobiles version of the first one series phones. Like the evo lte is sprints version.

That's not what you said, but alright. I quoted what you said, which was "the one s was T-Mobiles version of the one x". I just didn't want people to get the wrong impression of the One S is all. NBD

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
They could but it'll be a lot harder for them than it was for Samsung to do it to Apple for several reasons.

The iPhone 5 was disappointing even to many Apple fans, and Samsung had the reputation of the S2 to help boost hype about the S3, making it easy for them to talk trash about the iphone while boasting about their product and it worked.

Now HTC has a lackluster reputation and if that wasn't hard enough they have to compete with the two biggest names in the smartphone world. It's gonna be a very uphill battle for HTC.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

You think the S3 wasn't disappointing to folks tired of Samsung's cheap, plastic phones that all have the exact same silhouette and are all as ugly as bricks?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The only thing disappointing about the gs3 is the screen and menu button. The build quality is excellent, and the design is beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Reading the latest camera comparisons....the One might be a bigger hit than ppl think. Its about time! I got tired of Lumia fans bragging about the camera...lol.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You think the S3 wasn't disappointing to folks tired of Samsung's cheap, plastic phones that all have the exact same silhouette and are all as ugly as bricks?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Can't please everyone. Also if you're gonna call it cheap plastic then I don't even know why I'm wasting time replying to you as it's a very good, and sturdy plastic.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.