Best screen on a mobile handset so far

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm very picky with my mobile handset displays. So far, the HTC One has the best mobile screen I've seen to date. It's like they incorporated the best traits of AMOLED with a top of the line IPS LCD. I could always tell a phone was using an IPS display since it would always have this white glow and uneveness. I can't see that at all on this display. None of that liquid crystal look. No light bleeding. The viewing angles are AMOLED worthy, as well as the way the screen minimally reflects light, just like a Samsung AMOLED panel. I never thought the One X had a painted on screen like the GS3, but the HTC One has changed that. And best of all, the colors and contrast are top notch and natural looking. None of that 256 color 8 bit look of AMOLED, nor dithering and pixelation. None of the oversaturated and warm look of the One X or the poor blacks, lower viewing angles, and blue tinted look of the Droid DNA. It just looks so natural and clean and undistorted. No why couldn't it be bigger? :p

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely concur with that, it is one of the things that really struck me looking at some video on it (streaming from ESPN), it is truly HD and stunning.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
And you can tell thus from photos?

Have you seen one in real life?

While I think the HTC One will have an amazing display, I'll reserve judgment to when I see it with my own eyes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89