T-Mobile HTC One Delayed til June?

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I was so ready to jump ship to TMO with the new HTC One, so I went to main TMO Corporate store in Sacramento, CA, the manager there told me that HTC One was expected to release along with Sprint and AT&T versions, but supply for TMO was too low that they delayed the release for month after Samsung GS4, which is expected to be available on May 01.
It really sucks, I really want this phone, and I'm not sold on anything else. Has anyone else have heard anything different? I really appreciate any input.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I've seen people posting that T-Mobile will release some type of release date or announcement on the 19th.

But I doubt they would release the same time as the S4.

But I also don't think it would be June. Maybe mid May

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I wish they had released it with Sprint and Att. Tmobile will definitely lose some customers who want no-contract plans and/or HTC one...

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Everyone at every T Mobile store is going to tell you something different. I went by and spoke to the guy I deal with at this store and he said they haven't told him an exact date but it will be around the 24th. No body really knows.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
HTC had a booth set up to promote the One at my local theater tonight. According to the HTC staffers, T-Mobile has been too busy dealing with their iPhone launch to bother with the HTC One, so they don't even have an official preorder date yet (supposedly the reason T-Mobile was taken off the HTC preorder page is because T-Mobile preorders were not supposed to have started, not because they sold out of T-Mobile's preorder allocation). The HTC guys said T-Mobile is definitely getting it, but everyone is waiting for T-Mobile to decide their preorder and launch dates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
HTC had a booth set up to promote the One at my local theater tonight. According to the HTC staffers, T-Mobile has been too busy dealing with their iPhone launch to bother with the HTC One, so they don't even have an official preorder date yet (supposedly the reason T-Mobile was taken off the HTC preorder page is because T-Mobile preorders were not supposed to have started, not because they sold out of T-Mobile's preorder allocation). The HTC guys said T-Mobile is definitely getting it, but everyone is waiting for T-Mobile to decide their preorder and launch dates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it's T-Mo futzing around - I'm a bit miffed with them that they have given the One zero visibility. It's not like retail units don't exist yet because they do (although maybe not in enough quantity yet, that I don't know). One good thing - I have it on excellent authority that the T-Mobile version does have Wi-fi Calling included, for those concerned about that. :)

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I notice on their website for upcoming devices they have the Galaxy S4 listed as coming soon, but not the One. If you do a search for it, you get the One S and an ad for the One coming. It seems like instead of the GS4 being on the upcoming devices since its not due til next month, you'd think the One would be up there.They dont seem to be at all promoting it the way the other carriers are. The GS4 isnt due til next month and its listed as coming soon on the front page. No mention of the One and its supposed to go on sale next week.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
When the One does go on sale, has anyone seen whether T-Mobile will be be charging $699 (Best Buy's advertised price) or $599 like the One is going for off contract on AT&T's website?

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I notice on their website for upcoming devices they have the Galaxy S4 listed as coming soon, but not the One. If you do a search for it, you get the One S and an ad for the One coming. It seems like instead of the GS4 being on the upcoming devices since its not due til next month, you'd think the One would be up there.They dont seem to be at all promoting it the way the other carriers are. The GS4 isnt due til next month and its listed as coming soon on the front page. No mention of the One and its supposed to go on sale next week.

If you go to the front page of T-Mobile's website and click the "Learn More" on the $99 highlight, they have the One there, but that's the only place I see it. :p

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not to side with t-mobile (I am a customer and want them to get the device asap) but maybe they just don't care as much OR maybe HTC de-prioritized them. I mean last year while att and sprint got variations of the one x and Verizon got the DNA, t-mobile got the One S... a mid range device. T-mobile is probably focusing on the devices that most people will buy ( iPhone 5 and GS4) and HTC is focusing on the larger carriers.

I'm sure t-mobile wants the device because that's more potential customers for them and HTC as well but maybe each just isn't prioritizing each other right now. Not that I like it, just trying to make some sense out of it. Who knows, maybe we will see it the 19th as well. Lets hope.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem waiting an extra month for it.
That will give HTC time to get more ATT/Sprint devices into the wild and get any manufacturing bugs and / or software bugs worked out.

I rarely buy a phone on launch day anyway due to those same concerns.

Gtrav

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If HTC can't handle the demand for a phone which they need to sell in order for them to stay a contender and cant, then they lose me as a customer forever. If the S4 comes to T-Mo before the One does then I'll just get the S4. Samsung doesn't seem to have these issues and they move quadruple the units that HTC does.I'm not a huge samsung fan, but also have never owned a galaxy even though my mom and girl has one so I play with it like it is mine. Waiting on that note 3 anyway so it was going to be my last HTC device.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Which is why I desperately hope HTC advertises the heck out of this device. And not leave it up to the carriers to promote it they way they did with the One X last year. That skydiving commercial still burns in my minds eye.I think you are correct. I do realize they have an iphone launch going on and THAT is where their focus is. Heck since the Iphone is here now, maybe now we will start to attract better high end devices to compete against it instead of the mid range.(One S, instead of the One X last spring).If you think about it we're already starting to with the One and I believe I read somewhere the Xperia Z may be coming to TMo as well at some point.

Bc1534

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
walked in to a t-mobile store and asked the person told me there wasnt a sure date but that her manager had said something about the 18th of april...

Bobby Dash

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's T-Mo futzing around - I'm a bit miffed with them that they have given the One zero visibility. It's not like retail units don't exist yet because they do (although maybe not in enough quantity yet, that I don't know). One good thing - I have it on excellent authority that the T-Mobile version does have Wi-fi Calling included, for those concerned about that. :)

Maybe you could consult this source and ask what's up with Tmobile disabling NFC on their variant of the one? The HTC preorder page that was up said it doesn't have NFC. Very disappointing. You can see how closely integrated the NFC antenna is in the anandtech review, there's no way it's physically missing from the unit so why would they disable it?

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Looks like nobody at T-Mobile really knows what's going on with this device..

RedSwedishFish

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
If the TMo version is delayed until mid-May or June, does that mean none of us will be eligible for the $100 trade-in credit that HTC was offering? The terms for that trade-in required you to purchase the phone by April 26.