iPhone addict to htc help!

phookoo

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks

So I've been with the iPhone system since launch waaaaaay back when. Long story short, iPhone 5 is just too dull to warrant an upgrade so I've jumped ship to the very lovely HTC One.

BUT... All is not yet brilliant. Firstly, I'm a bit of an image junkie. I love to download images to set as wallpaper, send to mates etc, but I press & hold images on Flickr, deviantart etc & nothing, whereas I'd expect a save image dialog box. Any suggestions?

And, HTC Sync Manager... Wow, wtf? I've tried to install it 4 times now & each time it manages to find loads of my files, but then goes into a reloading loop where it just starts, exits, starts, exits etc. I'm promised it can transfer loads of stuff from my old iPhone backups but not so far!

Also, I downloaded zooper pro to help set up a cool looking alternative to my blinkfeed page but all it shows me is a setup options screen. How do I actually download & customise screens. I'm a very visual working kind of person .

Please be gentle. I'm pretty good with tech but the ios ecosystem has spoiled me a little. I still love my iPad but it'd be great to get my Android working better :)

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
In regards to HTC Sync Manager I think that crashing and reloop problem stems from trying to import iTunes playlists. Uninstall Sync Manager and then reinstall it. When it's doing it's initial import, stop it and uncheck the "auto import from iTunes" and select the music folder on your Mac instead. That worked for me :)

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what sort of hardware you are running sync on, but in my case it gave me loads of problems because I apparently need to upgrade my RAM. This program is a bit of a memory hogger. I don't normally have to many issues with things hanging and whatnot.

phookoo

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies folks. Just to clarify a couple of things, I'm a Windows 7 user, not a mac user. I've managed to sort out the images issue - I'm using the chrome browser & needed to run an update of all things! Now images save fine, but I still can't seem to save from my flickr account on my blinkfeed. Any ideas?

Also, I've given up on htc sync manager - I have the lates iTunes & I tried I checking various different boxes with no effect. My PC is very up to date so I know my ram isn't an issue. I've decided to go down the 'manually add music/videos/pictures' route.

One last thing; the phone just refuses to find where I am! I tell it the town I'm in but it continually tells me it cannot connect to the location server. I have all my location services turned on & maps can find me almost to the metre. Any ideas?