It Can't Be Unseen! HTC One Stains

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been liking every single bit about this phone ever since it landed on my doorstep. Flawless on everything it does. Beautiful phone, something that is preventing me from slapping on a Ballistic or an Otterbox. There is one problem, however, the material that borders the sides of the phone seems to absorb dirt relentlessly! I didn't even see it before and now I can't seem to look at this beauty without seeing the dirty sides. Is there anyway to clean it?

HTC One Developer Edition (Silver)

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this too. I have iKlear that I used on it along with a Micro-Fiber towel and it worked great. Give that a try.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys keep handfuls of dirt in your pockets or something? I'm an aircraft mechanic and use my phone naked and it's spotless still.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The white stuff seems fairly porous. I put mine directly into an Otterbox, where it will stay until my Spigen gets here.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed?

Also, what about hairspray?

No, I haven't confirmed that, because mine is under an otterbox. But I use it on everything that can't be moistened. I use it for patent leather shoes. I use it for stains on tile. Trust me, it will work. PLEASE do not use hairspray unless you want to gunk up your phone. The only way Magic Eraser will NOT work if that white stuff has small pores with dirt that the eraser can't reach.

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

It may be hard to see, but its a bit darker on the edges. I'm a college student and once I brought the phone out to public (on campus,) all of my colleagues' grubby hands were on the device. This is what may have caused the immediate change in hygiene lol. All good advice so far though...

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a pair of jeans that seems to like to rub dye off on stuff in the back pocket. Little bit rubbed off on the white plastic on mine, but it wiped right off.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine came in with a smudge spot on the white plastic park. I just rubbed it off with a shirt. Took about a minute to get it all off but you have to rub it rough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884