Sense 5 UI

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to pick you Android aficionados brains. So, this is my first time using anything Sense on a phone. Is this version of Sense better than past versions. If so, what has made Sense 5 better than the other Sense iterations?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The main reason I think it is better than it was is that it's not so heavy handed (this is where Samsung could learn something). It's very unobtrusive and minimalistic. Over all it's very clean and fresh looking compared to any other oem skin. That and blinkfeed

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The main reason I think it is better than it was is that it's not so heavy handed (this is where Samsung could learn something). It's very unobtrusive and minimalistic. Over all it's very clean and fresh looking compared to any other oem skin. That and blinkfeed

Nice. Thanks for your response.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree with enik. The one other thing I'd add is that earlier versions of Sense did noticeably slow down other phones I had. It wasn't terrible, but you could definitely notice short hitches and pauses in places that base android (or alternative launchers like Nova) didn't have. With the One and Sense 5 there are no hitches/pauses like in prior versions.

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with enik. The one other thing I'd add is that earlier versions of Sense did noticeably slow down other phones I had. It wasn't terrible, but you could definitely notice short hitches and pauses in places that base android (or alternative launchers like Nova) didn't have. With the One and Sense 5 there are no hitches/pauses like in prior versions.

This may be a dumb questions, is Sense 5 stripped down enough to be similar to stock Android? Reason I ask is that for me, Sense 5 seems pretty bare bones. But then again I have no prior knowledge of other Sense UI's.

Frank Estevez

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
This may be a dumb questions, is Sense 5 stripped down enough to be similar to stock Android? Reason I ask is that for me, Sense 5 seems pretty bare bones. But then again I have no prior knowledge of other Sense UI's.

It's not barren, its just minimalistic, meaning it's not cartoony or obtrusive like other UI's.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I dont think stripped down is the right word but it is more minimalistic than stock just with the color scheme.