I'm Stumped. How do you transfer a CD of music to a new HTC One?

Miner

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've searched, nothing I find seems correct for an HTC one. Ex: A USB Connected and then "Mount"? Not on the phone I have.

When I plug in the HTC One with a USB cable to a Windows 7 Laptop, I get:
- Driver Software Installation, then I close that box.
- Windows AutoPlay pops up. I click Sync digital media files to this device > Windows Media Player Opens > I put a CD in the DVD/CD Drive. The CD appears in Windows Media Player, and "HTCONE" appears in the LH tree view.
- On the RH side it shows "Drag Items here to create a list to sync to 'HTCONE'." But every song I select has a cursor of a small red circle with a slash through it, and I can't drag the songs anywhere. This happens for every music CD I try.

What am I missing? I though this would be easier and intuitive.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Download "wifi file transfer pro" Its great :) I think theres a free version also but its only like 79c i think for the pro, Its actually probably the handiest app i have ever downloaded :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You actually have to tell Windows Media Player to rip the CD to your computer first. This will give you music files to transfer to your device exactly how you're doing now except instead of dragging from the CD to HTCONE you'll go into your Library (should be on the left hand side) and drag the files over from there.

Posted via the baller new Android Central App!

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I've searched, nothing I find seems correct for an HTC one. Ex: A USB Connected and then "Mount"? Not on the phone I have.

When I plug in the HTC One with a USB cable to a Windows 7 Laptop, I get:
- Driver Software Installation, then I close that box.
- Windows AutoPlay pops up. I click Sync digital media files to this device > Windows Media Player Opens > I put a CD in the DVD/CD Drive. The CD appears in Windows Media Player, and "HTCONE" appears in the LH tree view.
- On the RH side it shows "Drag Items here to create a list to sync to 'HTCONE'." But every song I select has a cursor of a small red circle with a slash through it, and I can't drag the songs anywhere. This happens for every music CD I try.

What am I missing? I though this would be easier and intuitive.

You can also just upload all you tunes to Google Play Music and it will be available to your phone, computer or other android devices for streaming or download.

Miner

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I just assumed he knew how to get a cd on to his computer.

Thanks all. I never would have figured out the ripping part on my own. Nor did I ever read anything about it in the HTC One manual (yes I actually looked at that for instructions).

Since posting the original message here I also saw reference to an HTC One Sync utility for WIndows. Since no one has mentioned that I'll assume it's not worth while.