trouble syncing music to SD card

madmax1979

Dec 26, 2019
Visit site
Recently after ripping a CD to Windows Media Player I tried to sync the music to my SD card. The problem is my phone, following a connection via USB is not being recognized. I've done this endless times in the past with my S9. The S20+ never worked quite as smooth but it would work. Now it will not work period.

I tried doing all the usual steps, restarting phone, restarting the CPU changing USB cords, updating and nothing worked. I even tried to to see if the S9 would still allow a sync through this method and it instantly worked. I called Samsung Tech support to resolve the issue and the tech was unable to figure it out through mobile control of both devices. I tried to add the music by open the source MP3 album file and dragging over and it just causes it to basically freeze. The phone will not allow you to change the USB settings to be controlled by the connected device either.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What version of Windows are you running? What type of USB port are you using? Have you tried a different USB port such as a 3.2 instead of a 2.0 or on the back instead of the front of the case?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk