First Android Ever - HTC ONE - Help please!

andras5soul

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've just received my first Android phone ever - coming from a Blackberry Bold (ha!)

Could people please recommend best apps (games, news, sports, entertainment) as well as best Launchers to make my phone look as minimal, quickly accessible, and user-friendly as possible? Also, how do I make the most of this beast of a phone? How do I maximize battery life? Any tips for a first time Android user?

I know there are many threads regarding all of these questions, but it all feels like drinking from a fire hose all of a sudden. Any recommendations or useful links help!!

Thanks

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
My new favorite app was released this morning ... The Android Central "app" ... Great Stuff!

As far as launchers go, I use the stock HTC Sense 5 launcher although Nova Launcher Prime was my favorite on my Nexus 4 ... Seems that it won't load the native HTC widgets on the one so I just stuck with stock. Some of my other favorite apps are as follows:

RSS
*Feedly

Web Browser

*Google Chrome Beta

Office
*Quickoffice

Calendar
*aCalendar+

Tasks
*Gtasks

Notes
*Evernote

Cloud Storage
*Google Drive <-- Most affordable, still behind in features from Dropbox

File Manager
*ASTRO File Manager

News
*NewsHog:Google News & Weather
*BBC
*News Republic
*reddit is fun golden platinum

SMS
*MightyText --- Lets you send and receive text messages straight to your chrome browser on your computer ... Love it!

Games
*Minecraft Pocket Edition
*Jetpack Joyride
*Temple Run 2
*Ingress
*Punch Quest
*Angry Birds <-- Classic time killer

Those are just a few of my favorites!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Also when enabling power saving mode, consider going into settings/power and uncheck vibration ... This way you will still have haptic feedback when you type.

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Some of my favorites:

I also found this video to be very helpful with getting to know the features of the phone, even for an Android veteran:
20+ tips and tricks for the HTC One.
20+ Tips and Tricks for the HTC One - YouTube

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty