Best auto-upload destination for camera photos/videos?

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had played around with the auto-upload options for pics/videos like DropBox, Flikr for HTC Sense, or Google+ and had any insights as to which one works the best? I've used auto-upload to Google+ on other phones in the past and that's worked pretty well, but I'm trying to decide which to use on my One and would appreciate any opinions/observations anyone else has in comparing these choices.

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I use both dropbox and G+.

Dropbox is nice because they go straight to my computer.

I use Google+ as an extra backup.

Set one (or both) to sync WiFi only and there's no problem using both. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've use dropbox and facebook in the past. Both were fine. If taking a Zoe, keep in mind that all frames would be uploaded. So about 20 pictures.

fz1jmp

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I roll my own via a Synology DS212j NAS and the Synology Photo App. I have no data caps, no chance of them pulling the plug on the service and I can share many ways. Check it out.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I roll my own via a Synology DS212j NAS and the Synology Photo App. I have no data caps, no chance of them pulling the plug on the service and I can share many ways. Check it out.

Might be a good option if you take Zoe's almost exclusively like I do.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I really like zoes but they are quite annoying with how they upload frames to g+. I hope HTC gives us an option to upload a short video instead for g+ or other services that can support it.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i stopped autouploading my photos to dropbox after i got this phone. id have 4000 photos uploaded with around 3800 from zoes if i didnt turn it off.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My Zoe's play just fine when auto unloaded to dropbox. It does upload all 19 photos and the Zoe. I am able to play it anywhere.

Oh wow, you're right, I hadn't noticed! It does upload an mp4 along with all the individual images! Well, that's a good start, now if I could just have a setting to suppress the individual image uploads for Zoes I'd be all set! :)

EDIT: I just noticed G+ does the same thing, the mp4 is mixed in the middle with all the individual frames...

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There really is a need for more precise Sync controls... Here's my Typical Usage Scenario:

I take photos throughout the day and if I've a moment I check to make sure I have the shot and delete blurry duplicates. End of day - I go through a bit more thoroughly and curate, getting rid of whatever excess shots I find - watch the Zoe with my girlfriend if there's anything of note and call it a day. Now, by the time I have a chance to curate, ALL the shots I took are already in my dropbox folder causing unsightly clutter. If I want to keep a Zoe or a burst I don't mind those, but what about the rest I just took time to remove?

Is there anyway to set a timer for the Camera Uploads, or better yet a "button" for on Demand Syncing of albums/events?

Anyone noticed that Flickr now gives you 1Tb of free storage?

iamstillvince

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
ive been trying the flickr auto upload since they gave us 1tb of storage, so far ive noticed it only uploads the 1st frame of a Zoe and doesn't seem to be uploading any video at all. ,when it uploads the notification panel says uploading pics and video but if it is i am not finding where its stored. i also didn't like it doing it right away and changed the setting to once a day at 3am but so far it still seems to upload everything as soon as i am on my home wifi. ill keep playing as time permits.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Quite useful - if it does it but the once a day, perhaps this is what I seek - with some tweaks here and there...

ive been trying the flickr auto upload since they gave us 1tb of storage, so far ive noticed it only uploads the 1st frame of a Zoe and doesn't seem to be uploading any video at all. ,when it uploads the notification panel says uploading pics and video but if it is i am not finding where its stored. i also didn't like it doing it right away and changed the setting to once a day at 3am but so far it still seems to upload everything as soon as i am on my home wifi. ill keep playing as time permits.

iamstillvince

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Just realized I didn't save setting, so now I set it to upload at 3am daily. Looks like it doesn't do video because it only pulls from photostream. No option to change folder to all.
Settings are in actual camera app, not in gallery

Posted via Android Central App

akkhaing

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had played around with the auto-upload options for pics/videos like DropBox, Flikr for HTC Sense, or Google+ and had any insights as to which one works the best? I've used auto-upload to Google+ on other phones in the past and that's worked pretty well, but I'm trying to decide which to use on my One and would appreciate any opinions/observations anyone else has in comparing these choices.
I Love Dropbox's auto upload and G+ but free storage is limited.
Dropbox's promotion 48GB will be gone in 2 years and we will be left out with , 5-10 GB free storage.
BOX doesn't have free auto upload feature althout it give 50gb life time free storage during promotion.
You need to buy a paid app Box auto syn https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.mynextandroid.boxphotosync&token=0ow_h0Bn.
Flickr doesn't have that feature either although it offer 1TB free storage. You need to buy 3rd party app to autoupload photos.
Finally, I end up with copy https://copy.com?r=cTLhBj , Free 15 GB with 5GB referral initially, additional 5GB / successful referral. Its android app include " photocopy" autoupload ( can choose " wifi" only). I have 300 gb free storage so far, somebody got more than 1TB free storage for many referrals.
It's worth to try, here is referred link https://copy.com?r=cTLhBj. to get referral bonus 5 GB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member