Is blinkfeed useful?

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I use a couple times a day. Its better than flip board because it just works and does hang like others have stated. Currently I Just have twitter connected to it because of the lack of customization. Works great though because I follow must sites anyways.

Posted via Android Central App

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
IMO it has very limited usefulness due to lack of features and customization. Flipboard is 10x better.

It's pretty customizable and feature full to me. Sure you cant change the sizes but it's a feed and is always changing on it's own so that is nice. You can choose to just read the article or you can go to the website by clicking "read full article" at the bottom of the feed. You can also share it to a social network if you desire or email or text the link. Plus as HTC moves forward, they will have more feeds coming in the future. I may be a simple person but I think it looks good and the only customization needed would be something that lets you change it's theme in respect to shapes because there is no color. You can add up to as many feeds so it's your choice if you only want 1 or 20 feeds.

HTC One>galaxy>iPhone

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Before I actually received my One I read lots of reviews comparing Blinkfeed to Flipboard so I installed it on my tablet and the S2 I had at the time. I found Flipboard to be quite complicated to set up and the results it gave disappointing. Blinkfeed on the other hand has been a revelation, yes you do have to dig into the menus to get the results you want and no you can't change the layout, but once you have it set to your preferences it is such a smooth and user friendly experience that I couldn't imagine not having it now.

There are enough feeds in there for most people but as it becomes more popular (perhaps across other HTC devices via updates), we should see more added, so it can only get better.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Granted I have only been using mine for about a day. I just don't think I will be using it. Really wish we could disable it. I wonder if we will see an update that will allow us too. Maybe its just wishful thinking!

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I use it more than anything else!
As a Facebook user I've always told friends and family Facebook can be a one stop shop if you fan n follow EVERYTHING you like. Some people never had thought of that. Now that my Facebook is set to follow all my favorite sites, teams, people, news, facts, etc and blink feed gives me more, I never even pull up the Facebook app without going through blink feed. The one feature that made me upgrade.

(Idky my font just blew up huge on my phone. Hope it doesn't in my post...)

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I wonder the people comparing flipboard to blink feed are aware that the people who made flipboard had a hand in making blink feed for HTC. Just using a didn't way for the feeds to read. So things have to be set up differently. Just a question of time.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder the people comparing flipboard to blink feed are aware that the people who made flipboard had a hand in making blink feed for HTC. Just using a didn't way for the feeds to read. So things have to be set up differently. Just a question of time.

There is a glimmer of an interesting comment here, but as it reads now I don't really follow what your are saying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordNikonX