HTC One Fall From Roller Coaster. Pictures inside. 20ft, 50mph.

jp25f

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, Impressive. My damn iPad dropped the other day from 3 ft and the corner is badly dented + screen shattered. After repairs, does not quite work as well as before.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

4limguy

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe those early reviews with the speaker grill coming off were rush production units and now HTC has more quality control over the units.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Also, I'm sort of shocked the screen didn't break. You should post this on Htcs facebook page saying how durable it is. Maybe they'll help you out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

The screen has broken in some falls, it just depends.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Man that's lucky.. but glad your phone didn't break! I would of been so scared lol.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Glad it survived but damn, I would still be ticked off about the imperfections! lol! That phone looks like its been through war/hell! I like carrying my phones in pristine condition :cool:

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
PoorMans Otterbox.. Ziplock bag and papertowel or napkin inside.

actually, IMO, if you're going to buy a case, you should go with a massively large cushioned case like ottorbox. All the other plastic cases doesnt' add much to cushioning the impact, so it's a waste of money. I never had a case on my HTC One S which also had an aluminum unibody. I've dropped it maybe 3 times, grabbed it off of rough surfaces, and never once was there a blemish on the metal. Did you hear that Samsung?! or are you too busy making Samsung branded flip cases for my GN2 which you anticipate I will drop and scratch at least once its life?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The screen has broken in some falls, it just depends.

I don't really care about some falls, I was talking specifically about this one. Not breaking when falling 20 feet off a moving object is impressive.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm much more impressed that you are willing to let your cat play with it on the edge of your patio table! You have some serious faith, my child!!! :)

Yeah, was going to say that it looks like the cat wants to finish what the coaster started! :p

Impressive. I have no doubt my poor phone would be a mass of shattered glass if that happened to it.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So this pretty much settles the argument about the speakers being glued on inadequately. If that were true, the speakers covers would have flown off instead of being gouged like they were. (Looks like kitty is going to perform another drop test off a patio table)

Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the yellowish parts, unless the stain has sunk in.

I was one who made that claim. I would like to point out that they could have changed adhesives, or could have changed the application methodology.

More likely I think - and I'm surprised this possibility didn't pop into your head - is that this fall didn't land on the edge at an angle that would tend to put the adhesive into peel or sheer stress. Maybe it landed in such a way that the gouging force was pushing the grill into place.

I'm not trying to continue my argument that the grills are inadequately glued on. For all I know HTC has addressed that. I'm just pointing out that the gouges on this phone don't prove anything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I've owned two HTC phones, and I do have to say that the build quality is awesome. I enjoyed both phones, but decided to take a jump over to Samsung to try something new.

It is impressive how all it really has is a little dent. Wow.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm impressed.

Looks as though the one may aurally have great build quality over all.

Let's see how the charging port holds up, but thanks for sharing. I don't have to worry about durability now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty