Beats Audio. When to turn it on

BlackMamba14

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Other than music I find myself turning off Beats Audio for YouTube, podcasts, etc. Sound is clearer and you don't get that sound crackling. What have been your experiences? Does anyone leave it on all the time

Posted via Android Central App

joe_man

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I leave it on all the time I think it gives it a fuller sound and a little bit more bassy. To each his own though I guess.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I leave it all the time. If I wanted the fuller sounder, beats. If I really just want loud, then I would turn it off. But. I hardly turn off beats audio.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I personally do not listen t music on my phone! But I love it for the few times a year that I will! I say leave it on.

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I turn it OFF when streaming music from google play to my car stereo. I've got my settings where I like them in there, beats mucks it up. Otherwise, its on all the time. Crackling in your speakers from using beats? Seriously? I think your phone has an issue. Mine never does that. Ever.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Strangely enough, everything is louder when it is turned off. About 50% louder, in fact. I asked Att support about this, and the guy said "It's the nature of Beats Audio." Which of course, I didn't understand in the slightest.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I've wondered about Beats being on all the time. Does it affect your battery life by having it on constantly? For games or when I watch videos I like to have it on, but I don't remember to turn it on all the time.

BlackMamba14

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Found crackling only in one video so had nothing to do with beats. But have noticed like another poster said that the audio sounds much louder when off.

Posted via Android Central App

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've found it's best to turn Beats of for podcasts. The high end is too much for most female voices and some male voices.
This is, of course, my preference.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

daveh98

May 4, 2013
Visit site
While the sound is louder, there is significant quality degradation. I leave it on always as it's a noticeably cleaner sound coming from the speakers.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Only when I use the 3.5mm jack.

As much as I love hTc's BoomSound speakers, they have their limits and this is why I prefer my Sony DRZX701iP.

vazquezke

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I've wondered about Beats being on all the time. Does it affect your battery life by having it on constantly? For games or when I watch videos I like to have it on, but I don't remember to turn it on all the time.

I don't think beats is running when you aren't listening to music. So it shouldn't affect your bagtery

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I turned Beats off. I kept getting a female voice between tracks talking about features and things. The only way to shut her up was to turn off Beats. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87