Google keyboard vs sense 5 keyboard.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried it yesterday. Last night while trying to type an email it started injecting a lot of strange characters at random into my email as I typed. I couldn't get it to stop! I had to go back into the keyboard setttings, pick the htc keyboard and when I went back all was good. I finished the email with no problems.

No sure if some other process was interfering or if it was the keyboard itself.

akf2000

May 13, 2013
Visit site
ive unchecked the obcense words.., and programmed all of my commonly used obcenities yes they still dont work well. what gives?

it does look like with the obscenity filter disabled it will only offer the obscenity as a *suggested* word, i.e. it will NEVER allow a swearword as the automatically chosen word.

rtmorris00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried it yesterday. Last night while trying to type an email it started injecting a lot of strange characters at random into my email as I typed. I couldn't get it to stop! I had to go back into the keyboard setttings, pick the htc keyboard and when I went back all was good. I finished the email with no problems.

No sure if some other process was interfering or if it was the keyboard itself.

I experienced the same issue.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I like using SwiftKey. I installed Google keyboard this morning and after texting for a few hours then swift keyboard is wayyyyyy more accurate.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Very impressed with the sense keyboard... More so with the Google one

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

balibalistic

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I added the app censorsh%t, now my keyboard sounds like a crack head, I love it! What I really love about it it that I can see the word before lifting my fingers. I just hope we get done themes for it!

Nabooy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to download the Google keyboard on my HTC One. It says it is not available for this device whenever going to the store's site on desktop and it doesn't show up nothing while checking in the store of my phone. Any idea what to do here? Please I really need this keyboard so badly.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just bumping this because it;s still relevant here. I used the Sense keyboard, but I got a Galaxy Note 3, willingly going on a two year contract to get it. The google keyboard is much better than Samsung's, and yet it is infuriating. It will NOT under any circumstances allow me to swipe out "lol". It always comes out as "look" or "loll". No matter how many times I tell it to save it, nothing works. I'm trying to see if anyone's ripped out the Sense keyboard and put up an APK for download yet, cause that is one thing I do miss about the HTC One.

Syrup4

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to set Google to auto select on boot? I have swiftkey but never use it as never remember to reselect it every time...hate the HTC one as it always changes profanity...no matter how many times I click to add it.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to download the Google keyboard on my HTC One. It says it is not available for this device whenever going to the store's site on desktop and it doesn't show up nothing while checking in the store of my phone. Any idea what to do here? Please I really need this keyboard so badly.

yea, i also get: not compatible with your device!
what gives? any ideas?