Weird anomaly using the Blackberry Keyboard on the Fold

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The BB keyboard presents possible next word choices in the letter keys while typing. Say you are going to be typing TEST. After you enter the T, it might have TEST as an option over the E key. It might have THANKS over the H key. It could have TANK over the A key. You swipe up to accept one of those options. The SPACEBAR will also present an option.

On the Pixel 6 Pro, those options are presented in kind of normal font size in either portrait or landscape typing mode as shown. On the FOLD in Portrait mode all is kind of normal, whereas in the Landscape mode (inner screen), the font is tiny. Not that I expect all apps to behave perfectly on the Fold's inner screen but I thought this was a really oddball result.

(now let's see if I got my screenshots presented correctly)

Portrait on the P6P
p6p Tiny.png

Landscape on the P6P
p6p Large.png

Whereas on the Fold, the Portrait font is "normal" sized
Large Keys Screenshot_20230722-205255.png

In the turned, Landscape mode (inner screen), the font is tiny

Tiny Key Screenshot_20230722-205328.png

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Looks like the devs haven't optimized it for the larger screen. Maybe contact them and let them know.

Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the devs haven't optimized it for the larger screen. Maybe contact them and let them know.
I am quietly chuckling on my end of the screen. Blackberry is barely alive and catering to those of us who have moved on MOSTLY but stubbornly love certain features is probably not in the cards. I can hope but don't expect much. It just seemed such an odd result that I thought I would post it.

I rarely typed in Landscape mode but was in the inner screen doing some email and gave it a try and saw the results.

Reactions: rvbfan

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
True, true. Blackberry recently sold off a bunch more of their stuff, so maybe ,if this was part of it, it will get some Lovin.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This was something I noticed a while back when I tried to use the BlackBerry keyboard app on a Fire Tablet. The suggested words where really tiny. Everything else scaled fine. Just the suggestions were tiny.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This was something I noticed a while back when I tried to use the BlackBerry keyboard app on a Fire Tablet. The suggested words where really tiny. Everything else scaled fine. Just the suggestions were tiny.
Yes, that is what is so strange. The Keyboard and other aspects of the app and composing window are what I'd term normal. Since I probably won't be composing there, I can probably live with it. And good know (or NOT) that it happens on a real Tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter