Why does the htc one limit how much you can zoom on a pic sent through text

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It's really annoying that I can not zoom all the way in. And why does it not let you crop to resize things to fit the els crew if the files small. From what I can see no other phone limits this or restricts like the htc one

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

Last edited:

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
mms is the wrong way to send a photo if you want to be picky. i do not mean picky in a bad way. were are talking about photography. send it by email. the one has a fine camera.

the carriers use compression in mms and that makes photos crummy.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It's really annoying that I can not zoom all the way in. And why does it not let you crop to resize things to fit the els crew if the files small. From what I can see no other phone limits this or restricts like the htc one

The limitation on zooming in on any image is annoying at best. I can't imagine why I can't zoom on an image I have saved to my device.

The limit on cropping is that it's only a 4mp camera and cropping is going to produce images that aren't usable. I used to occasionally take pictures of license plates or bumper stickers by taking a pic of the back of a car I was behind and then cropping out what I didn't need. This worked fine on my iPhone 4S, yet it's impossible on the One.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The limitation on zooming in on any image is annoying at best. I can't imagine why I can't zoom on an image I have saved to my device.

The limit on cropping is that it's only a 4mp camera and cropping is going to produce images that aren't usable. I used to occasionally take pictures of license plates or bumper stickers by taking a pic of the back of a car I was behind and then cropping out what I didn't need. This worked fine on my iPhone 4S, yet it's impossible on the One.

The camera only has to do with my pics that I've taken. I'm talking about pica sent to me. I don't understand what's up with htc. No other phone has these limitations it seems htc has very limiting software when it comes to image.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
mms is the wrong way to send a photo if you want to be picky. i do not mean picky in a bad way. were are talking about photography. send it by email. the one has a fine camera.

the carriers use compression in mms and that makes photos crummy.

The pic being through mms has nothing to do with it. Every other phone can zoom in on sent images. Including but not limited to the nexus 4. GS4 and iPhone. It's a shame htc feels the need to limit their phones.

107katana

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I just worked out how to zoom in

go to SETTINGS > ACCESSABILITY > TURN ON MAGNIFICATION GESTURES

then when you want to zoom in on something, triple tap the screen.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The pic being through mms has nothing to do with it. Every other phone can zoom in on sent images. Including but not limited to the nexus 4. GS4 and iPhone. It's a shame htc feels the need to limit their phones.

I hate having to save the picture to my camera roll and then accessing it from there to zoom. What a load of crap. And people suggesting that we use email are missing the point. Why can't the One do what many other phones are apparently able to do?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I hate having to save the picture to my camera roll and then accessing it from there to zoom. What a load of crap. And people suggesting that we use email are missing the point. Why can't the One do what many other phones are apparently able to do?

You also might try another SMS app, such as Textra. I can zoom on any picture sent to me from within Textra w/o having to save it first and go to the Gallery.

Johnny Curvos

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
The solution is easy. Delete the defaults for Gallery, then select Google Photos as the program to open attached photos. Full zoom is yours. Mwaaahaaahaaa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty