Conclusion on the HTC One

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
First of all you need to let it die at least 2x then charge it back up so it collaborated based on my learnings from reading the forums. Battery increased after a day or 2.

EEK! No. Do not let the battery die. Use it for a few days, sure, put it through it's paces. But these batteries function better being topped off regularly and do very poorly at very low levels.

- - - Updated - - -

How is this guy saying the build quality on the s4 is better?? Majority of people on the forums and even tech blogs all clearly state the one is the winner when it comes to build quality.. I'm sure 90% of the people are not wrong who think the one is better build quality.

Most people mistake "build materials" for "build quality" and say the One is better. Both devices have very high praise for their actual build quality, but people like the materials more on the One.

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I like the One but I can't get past the facebook integration in the gallery. I use the gallery slot and it just makes it really cluttered. Not a huge deal for most, but the fact that I can't remove it drives me nuts. Plus I've had to reset the phone twice due to this:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371416152030.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371416152030.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 57

Antitryptic

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I like the One but I can't get past the facebook integration in the gallery. I use the gallery slot and it just makes it really cluttered. Not a huge deal for most, but the fact that I can't remove it drives me nuts. Plus I've had to reset the phone twice due to this:

I know what you mean. I find the gallery to be in disarray when I sync my Facebook account. I just use a Gallery app on the Play Store to rectify it. :)
I also found this on the forums-- hopefully it helps with the force closes:

Go to Settings >> Apps >> Swipe to the left into "All applications". Select "Clear cache" and "Clear data" for (where applicable):

- Calendar
- Calendar Storage
- Gmail
- Gmail Storage

Reboot the phone and see if you still get the force close.

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'll look for a gallery app. Unfortunately I have already cleared the cache twice and I still get the error msg on reboot. Maybe it has to do with Nova or Adw?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just don't confuse that smell with the smell of new electronics. There's nothing like it. Getting a new motherboard, opening up the package and taking a whiff is one of my favorite things.

Okay, so I'm a little weird...:p

That isn't weird!!! When I built PC's , I would smell the crap out of the MB and VC just to get that "new car" high!

Mike Newman

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Just don't confuse that smell with the smell of new electronics. There's nothing like it. Getting a new motherboard, opening up the package and taking a whiff is one of my favorite things.

Okay, so I'm a little weird...:p

+1 +1 +1 me too! I thought it was just me im I glad it's not and others enjoy that lovely new electronics smell mmmmmmmmm

Posted via Android Central App

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've used both the s4 and htc one. In my opinion the s4 is way too laggy for me and that shouldn't be the case since it has so much processing power. The features such as swipe to answer and etc didn't work too well. I was able to reduce the lag by taking off some animations and s voice, but i feel like i shouldn;t have to do that if i'm spending that much money on the phone. HTC comes ready out of the box and good to go, no lag whatsoever and a better looking UI. Their app drawer can be improved but otherwise i believe it's a better phone. Thank god for samsungs amazing marketing, i was able to unload the phone on craigslist for a decent price. People are also beginning to recognize it, just take a look at their stock, sluggish s4 sales and downgrades.

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, there is no way I could come to a full conclusion on a phone in one day. It has to be set up and then used for a quite awhile. (Especially high end phones). I think all of us use our new phones constantly when we first get them and it's safe to say that is tough to judge battery life....at least initially. It doesn't help that both these phone are great in there own rights.

I've had my one a month and it's amazing :)

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
@Ian Bennett :Well, You haven't spent enough time with the One. they're both top dogs (M7&S4) with their pros & cons. I think Samsung has "spoiled" you with added extras and HTC looks "simple" next to S4 and you panicked :) .
But I can tell you that HTC One has much better battery than S4. It depends how you use your phone, what apps you have installed and which operator branding you have on it. All operators have their bloatware, and these causing battery "issues". When I get a phone, first thing is to flash generic ROM on it (in case of HTC is the WWE and for Samsung Open Market) and never had any problems.
I have to admit, that I didn't kept neither of them. The reason is that my Note 2 serves me very well (my baby) and for daily driver I've choose One SV as it ticks the boxes for me better than One /One S did.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I recently owned a galaxy s4. I loved that phone so much but it had one major problem for me.....battery life. I took it back to best buy and got the HTC One. I absolutely love this phone....everything about this phone is great except for battery life.....it's 3x worse than the galaxy s4's battery....honestly I am taking it back tonight and getting my galaxy s4 back. The HTC is a nice phone but after owning it for a single day I already want to switch back. The outside on the body is becoming very warn down and I baby my phones. It gets very hot and I've noticed after a while of getting hot it starts to smell like burning electronics...I went to best buy and asked about all my problems and they told me that everyone is reporting the same problems...the camera isn't good at all......it's ok but nothing great here...the build quality is ok...everyone talks about how great it is but it kind of sucks....my galaxy s4 had much better build quality....I love this phone but in my opinion the galaxy s4 is a much better phone. Thank you for your time.

I stopped reading after "it is worn after one day"... Either your device is defective, you dropped it, or simply are just lying about even owning the device.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I recently owned a galaxy s4. I loved that phone so much but it had one major problem for me.....battery life. I took it back to best buy and got the HTC One. I absolutely love this phone....everything about this phone is great except for battery life.....it's 3x worse than the galaxy s4's battery....honestly I am taking it back tonight and getting my galaxy s4 back. The HTC is a nice phone but after owning it for a single day I already want to switch back. The outside on the body is becoming very warn down and I baby my phones. It gets very hot and I've noticed after a while of getting hot it starts to smell like burning electronics...I went to best buy and asked about all my problems and they told me that everyone is reporting the same problems...the camera isn't good at all......it's ok but nothing great here...the build quality is ok...everyone talks about how great it is but it kind of sucks....my galaxy s4 had much better build quality....I love this phone but in my opinion the galaxy s4 is a much better phone. Thank you for your time.

Describe bad battery life. Do u turn off features such as gps, nfc, bluetooth or do u use them? Also u have to let the battery cycle a few times before getting full capable use out if it.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've used both the s4 and htc one. In my opinion the s4 is way too laggy for me and that shouldn't be the case since it has so much processing power. The features such as swipe to answer and etc didn't work too well. I was able to reduce the lag by taking off some animations and s voice, but i feel like i shouldn;t have to do that if i'm spending that much money on the phone. HTC comes ready out of the box and good to go, no lag whatsoever and a better looking UI. Their app drawer can be improved but otherwise i believe it's a better phone. Thank god for samsungs amazing marketing, i was able to unload the phone on craigslist for a decent price. People are also beginning to recognize it, just take a look at their stock, sluggish s4 sales and downgrades.

There is ZERO evidence of sluggish sales. Only downward revisions of projected sales based on the high end smartphone market in general and Samsung's own emphasis on lower end phones.

nolanz14

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I stopped after he wrote it being worn down after one day. Which we all know is ridiculous. Some people in this world have outrageous expectations on everything and those are the people who are usually unhappy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38