Apps for unlocking homescreen without hitting power button?

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Hello, what 3rd party apps do you recommend from the google play store to help unlock the home screen? It gets a little annoying having to hit the power button everytime I want to unlock the phone. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! :cool:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Hello, what 3rd party apps do you recommend from the google play store to help unlock the home screen? It gets a little annoying having to hit the power button everytime I want to unlock the phone. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! :cool:

I wonder the same thing! Besides I gotta find something to spend this $50 credit from HTC! ($25 at release then another $25 last night! :) )

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
No way around it! You can download no lock from the market, and do away with the extra step!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I know this is not a option for some but rooting allows me to use my volume for unlock, remove black menu, improve battery plus run 4.2.2 that's just the start

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Curtis Martin

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I use Auto Screen on, set to use the proximity sensor.
I either just take it out of my pocket, or if it's already out, just cover and uncover the proximity sensor, and it wakes up..
I tried the accelerometer option, but couldn't find anything that worked well.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes I tried auto screen on and hated it but again it's all preference so I don't recommend anyone not trying a couple different things to see what works best for you

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Will take a look at the no lock option. Very much appreciate the feedback all! If you know of other apps, feel free to share. Have figured out most of this is trial and error, as well as personal preference.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Auto-Screen on is excellent. It's free and has quite a few options. Wakeup Touch is also good. No root required for either. I also use Screen Off and Lock so I barely use power button. I love these apps as my power button is incredibly stiff (I think it's sunk in slightly).