jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I would love this phone a lot more if I could figure out how to root this phone lol. I have watched numerous videos and I just can't figure it out. I have installed adb and my computer but it can't find my one, I've followed the videos and tutorials step by step and adb just won't work on my pos windows lol. Does anyone know how to root on a MacBook Air?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You do not need ADB, all you need is fastboot.

Follow the awesome guide here: [GUIDE] Complete Flashing Guide | Rooting | Going Back To Stock | 05.05.2013 - xda-developers

Follow every word and it'll be fairly easy.

All you need is the mini-SDK folder which contains fastboot files inside it and to obtain the unlock token from HTCDev just click on Unlock Bootloader and follow the instructions.

Here is another guide on how to setup fastboot and ADB on your Mac: [GUIDE] Set up ADB and Fastboot on a Mac easily (With Screenshots!) - xda-developers I'd recommend getting the ADB and fastboot folder and putting it on your Desktop before doing anything. That folder I am talking about is in the guide I posted and it is right here, just in case: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1396782&d=1350078941

After you unlock your bootloader, boot back into your system, and copy the Rooting Tools file to your Downloads directory. Then boot back into bootloader and then recovery, then choose Install and go to Downloads then choose Rooting Tools and confirm flash. You're done.

By the way, this thread belongs in the rooting-related section of the forum, not this one.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I will try it tonight or tomorrow. For some reason, my phone wouldn't open up the rooting forum for me.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty