How to do [ro2rw] in (AVD) emulator android studio?

amiirzarbakhsh

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
For more than 30 days now, I have been searching day and night for a way to change the RO mode of Android root folder to RW mode in Android Studio virtual Device.

I'm pretty desperate to find a way to do this, but I'm asking here anyway

First, I found that in order to change the system image to rw mode, I need to run it through the following code in the terminal.

emulator -writable-system -netdelay none -netspeed full -avd <Name_Devices>
And then I went through the following steps:

adb shell avbctl disable-verification
adb reboot
adb remount
adb reboot
But the problem was that in the last step when running the "adb reboot" command, the reboot command didn't work and the virtual device crashed. I did this method on Android 4.1, 5, 8, 11, 12 and the same thing happened in all versions.

Here, I tried to transfer the system/build.prop file to my system with adb pull and then edit it, and then transfer the edited file to the device with adb push, but even though the command adb push was working, but I noticed that my main file system/build.prop is not changed or edited. Even in this way.

So I decided to try another method to edit the build.prop and I noticed that most of the tutorials are about ro2rw which when I tried to use this method I found out that it requires TWRP. I found TWRP for (AVD) emulator but that didn't work either and I got the following error every time I run it:

ERROR | New emulator backend requires minimum kernel version 3.10+ (currently got lower)
Please make sure you've got updated system images and don't force the specific kernel image together with the engine version
I tried it on different versions of Android and also used different versions of TWRP but still the same problem persisted.

All sources use twrp for ro2rw, so it's somehow impossible in my mind to change the (AVD) emulator to rw mode.

I hope someone here can suggest me a practical and possible solution for Android Studio virtual device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter