How do I make Google Maps my default maps for my contacts Att maps wont let me

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Every time that I press a contacts address, the Att maping program tries to start. Is there a way to make the Google Maps the default mapping program for contacts so all that I have to do is
hit the contacts address and it gives me voice drive directions?

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Every time that I press a contacts address, the Att maping program tries to start. Is there a way to make the Google Maps the default mapping program for contacts so all that I have to do is
hit the contacts address and it gives me voice drive directions?

Go into Settings > Apps, move to All tab, select the AT&T map app, scroll down to Clear defaults button and press it. The next time you touch an address, it should give you the option to select any of your compatible programs. Select Google Maps and press the Always button.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I tried that but it still defaults to the ATT Navigator. There should be some way to force Google Maps to become the default program. I cannot delete Att Navigator and I don't want to pay for that service when Google Maps is great.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Try disabling AT&T Navigator. You can do that by going to the app drawer, tap on the 3 dots and go to Manage apps. Find Navigator and disable it

Posted via Android Central App

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
When I hit Disable, it wont do anything when I select the address on a contact. Something just does not seem right. I cant delete Navigator, I cant disable Navigator because it wont let me do anything when I select a contacts address. The only way for me to use Google Maps is to write down the contacts address and then enter it into Google Maps.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
CSI guy, I'm dealing with the same bs with the sprint version, not rooted, but when I click on a contact it opens Glympse. I deleted any defaults and cache for Glympse but i am still getting this issue. It only started happening recently. I just decided to search contacts within maps since it's part of the new Google sphere of apps all integrated with one another, but hey I hope someone knows how to resolve this

Posted via HTC One

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
You are right, it only happened recently. This is frustrating and I don't want to pay for Navigator since Google Maps works great. When I am on the road making sales calls, I don't have time
to do searches and hand enter information. I just need to hit the contact address and off I go.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It's the latest update to Google Maps where the separate navigation icon was removed. Uninstall updates to the Maps application and you should be good.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Yep, you are right. It is because Google updated its programs and now you cant hit a contacts address and instantly give you a map and turn by turn directions. WOW this is progress? This makes no sense at all. I called HTC and they have had lots of people complain about this and they told me the same thing that it was Google's update.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Well Google is at it again. I deleted all of the updates to Maps and went with the default Google Maps and everything worked fine for 18 hours, then Google updated my maps and it doesn't allow me to hit a contacts address and bring me to turn by turn directions again. This is not progress Google. Please return this feature!!!!!!!

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, you just go at it from the opposite end now. First open Maps, then press the little turn arrow looking button next to the search bar, then begin typing your destination. Your contact info will automatically fill in. Then bam, you have your navigation map with turn by turn. I actually like it much better.

Posted via Android Central App

dvejr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
When I hit Disable, it wont do anything when I select the address on a contact. Something just does not seem right. I cant delete Navigator, I cant disable Navigator because it wont let me do anything when I select a contacts address. The only way for me to use Google Maps is to write down the contacts address and then enter it into Google Maps.

Yes, this just happened to me, also. Phone began calling up AT&TN, I disabled it, now there's no "click the address" functionality inside any of my contacts. Doug (looking for a fix.)

baybrady

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Realized today that clicking on a contact addr opened up Glympse. Went to apps->Glympse->clear defaults; no help. Deleted Glympse. Now clicking on a contact addr does nothing. :( Also, when going from maps->search, maps doesn't seem to see my contacts, so this route isn't working either.

Hackett00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Have to click on the icon/pic in the contact list and then select Map...

Thanks. This was bugging me as well and I would never have thought of clicking on the picture. BTW, my phone (on sprint) was defaulting to Scout, not glympse. Wonder why my sprint phone came with a different app.