10 hour web surfing time

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know many details about these kinds of battery tests, but they are almost never real world situations (with frequent app opening and closing, meaning apps being moved into and out of RAM, which takes power). Fpr example, talk time is typically measured by starting a test call and just leaving it until it runs out of battery. This means the screen is off, and there is nothing else going on. I suspect video time of almost 9 hours is achieved by just playing the web video and not disturbing the phone at all--again, meaning no swapping or opening/closing of apps.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I was at 40% screen brightness today when doing so and on wifi. What is your percentage rate drop when surfing?

B. Diddy, I was sort of thinking maybe they just leave the web browser open but even then, 10 hours? How is that even possible?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On my original Razr Maxx, I might drop about 20% over 1.5 hours on 4G with Automatic Brightness. But then again, I rarely spend continuous time simply browsing--I'm also swapping between my Facebook, Google+, and Android Central apps, opening Google Maps, etc. I suppose one of these days, I could run a test and just leave the phone on webpage that refreshes automatically, and see how long it goes for. But then I remember--I have better things to do!:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo