Anyway to remove scuff marks on back?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to get scuff marks off the HTC One? Not scratches, just marks. Not sure if I should try some kind of liquid like alcohol..
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just use lens cleaner. Comes right off. Unless it's a permanent scuff. Where is this scuff at?

It's on the back. It was a warranty replacement phone. It works perfect except the marks are bugging me. It's right by the camera lens and the IR hole on the top right. Looks like 3 scuff lines. I do put it in a case. But just knowing it's there drives me nuts. Lil

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I hear that a pencil eraser might work for certain materials. Couldn't hurt to try.

Posted via Android Central App

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
From a Poster in the XDA forums: "fixing" any damage to the aluminum casing of the M7 is the same as with any other clear anodized aluminum: you can use fine and ultra-fine scotch brite pads (grey and white, respectively) to blend the finish back in to the glass-bead finish, if there is raised surface/dent caused from the damage then it needs to be cut down with a fine needle file or scraper prior to the scotch brite. it's best not to remove material if possible since it exposes the raw aluminum, but done properly it can be blended very well and once oxidized it will look fine. If you're a real expert with finishing you could bag the phone with a taped off exposure of the damaged spot, and glass-bead blast the spot followed by brightening with the pads... and produce a semi-raw finish almost identical to the stock finish of the M7... I know the finish very well as I've done a lot of aluminum parts in that finish (both semi-raw and anodized).

Its origin: Removing marks from HTC One - Page 2 - xda-developers

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll try the pencil eraser first. If not I'll just live with it. See what I can do,