Xbox Music & the HTC One

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, got a HTC One coming soon (Phones4U replacing my faulty Lumia 920 for a HTC One), however I have a major issue. I use the Xbox Music Pass (Zune software mostly), and download quite a chunk of music to it that is obviously DRM protected. On my Nokia Lumia 920 this wasn't an issue (nor was it an issue on my HTC Titan with Windows Phone, go figure), but I'm trying to test it on my Flyer to see if I can get it working so I know whether or not to give the One a chance (or just sell it on so I can grab a 1020), and I'm unable to get it to work.

So, I need to know, is there any way to get the DRM music working on the HTC One? Cracking the DRM on the audio files is NOT an option.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading that offline support is not yet available on Xbox Music for Android. You can transfer the 10 songs that you can download each month, obviously, but for the other music you will need to use streaming until they allow offline support for all accounts.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
That's a major problem then... Most of my music is from the Music Pass (no ten free MP3's a month though, I didn't sign up until that was canned). It's gutting because I'm told the One is a cracking phone and playing with the demos it does remind me a bit of the Windows Phone live tile concept. Does anyone know when support will be coming?