Should I buy a ONE?

Tarek Salama

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I read that it has 1/10 score on ifixit. Should I go for it? I recently lost my Samsung as it died after flashing some ROMs. It used to freeze a lot so I think it's the eMMC rather. So yea, how's the HTC One? Also, can I treat it like a Google Nexus device and flash stock Android (Google Play Edition) just like it's possible with the i9505?
The other options are buying a Nexus 4, which is pretty old now.. Or just wait for the Nexus 5 which I doubt would be anything near the $400 as the LG G2 costs like $700.

arav24

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
How much will it cost? The LG G2 is like $700 right now, how would they be able to make it cost like $400?

Because its a nexus!!! Just like last year when they released the nexus 4 which was based upon the lg optimus g which I believe was pretty expensive back then. Trust me, the nexus 5 with a snapdragon 800 with stock android and all the latest updates straight from Google will be the ultimate android phone to get:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

mjesheem

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Aren't we expecting a lot when we say we want the nexus in the 300$-400$ range? Yeah they are providing it at that price range and that's fantastico! Infact I'm waiting on the Nexus 5 as well.
But then again if you are looking to go for the HTC One, that's nowhere near the price of the Nexus!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD powered by JellyBean 4.2.2

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Aren't we expecting a lot when we say we want the nexus in the 300$-400$ range? Yeah they are providing it at that price range and that's fantastico! Infact I'm waiting on the Nexus 5 as well.
But then again if you are looking to go for the HTC One, that's nowhere near the price of the Nexus!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD powered by JellyBean 4.2.2

Well if he gets the One on contract then the One will cost less. I say just wait a couple of weeks for concrete info on the Nexus 5 and compare it with the One and see which one you like more.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I like my one but if I could get a phone now it would be the LG G2. The one has a lot of good things going for it, the speakers are unparalleled when it comes to volume and quality, it's fast and has relatively little bloat compared to the S4, build quality is amazing. Get a phone based on what you will use it for...

Tarek Salama

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Got no contracts where I live. The HTC One is just way cheaper than the LG G2.. So yea, would the Nexus 5 be about the same price as the Nexus 4 when it launched?

zorrowaz

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes yes and yes it's a Samsung killer iPhone beater beats audio pulled out they took there share htc is like ROCKY it's bruised hurt and fallen but will rise you wait till next year HTC will win all the contenders and will be the CHAMP ye baby.....

Posted via Android Central App

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Because its a nexus!!! Just like last year when they released the nexus 4 which was based upon the lg optimus g which I believe was pretty expensive back then. Trust me, the nexus 5 with a snapdragon 800 with stock android and all the latest updates straight from Google will be the ultimate android phone to get:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

the google updates might be a motivation for some people... but the specs?

what does a snapdragon 800 do that the 600 doesnt?

the s4 has the snapdragon 800 and you wouldn't find me dead with that phone. it really boils down to how the handset performs on daily tasks and even intensive ones. and the htc one performs great in both.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
At this point I wouldn't buy an htc one. In the android world at this point it's pretty much out dated. Get the new and best which would be either the note 3, LG G2, or nexus 5. Why get something that's been out 6 months that will be changed most likely with in the next 6 months when you can get a brand new product.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up an HTC One knowing the new devices were coming out. Then again I've rarely been one to jump on the grenade and grab the latest and greatest. The HTC One has completely satisfied and impressed me with its quality and performance. Plus being out for a while most of the bugs have been worked out.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.

freakshow999

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite enjoying my One. You can flash the GE if you want to. As far as speed it screams at what I use it for. Though some people are having battery problems I'm not one of them. I'm a power user but not a gamer. The battery is fine if I'm not tweaking on it all day. When I just use it as a phone and it sits in my pocket I throw it on power saver and I only drop 10-15% in an 8-10 hour period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up an HTC One knowing the new devices were coming out. Then again I've rarely been one to jump on the grenade and grab the latest and greatest. The HTC One has completely satisfied and impressed me with its quality and performance. Plus being out for a while most of the bugs have been worked out.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.

True that. For a while I was seriously considering getting a One but the Note 3 just calls me.

from my Sony XTZ

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm quite enjoying my One. You can flash the GE if you want to. As far as speed it screams at what I use it for. Though some people are having battery problems I'm not one of them. I'm a power user but not a gamer. The battery is fine if I'm not tweaking on it all day. When I just use it as a phone and it sits in my pocket I throw it on power saver and I only drop 10-15% in an 8-10 hour period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Simply badass! Im just like you, i dont do the gaming thing on phones,i dont search the web constantly or watch youtube/movies. I use cell phones just for text,email,phone calls an none of those is constant either. I get my Htc One on monday finally so i hope to experience the same battery life as you are (10-15% drop in 8-10 hours).

zorrowaz

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
At this point I wouldn't buy an htc one. In the android world at this point it's pretty much out dated. Get the new and best which would be either the note 3, LG G2, or nexus 5. Why get something that's been out 6 months that will be changed most likely with in the next 6 months when you can get a brand new product.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

Looks like you don't have a clue about phones or your a noob I bet both lolz.... The HTC one is the best superphone out there it's a rolls Royce of any phones be it 6 months or 10 months can you tell me which other phone is in it's class

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you don't have a clue about phones or your a noob I bet both lolz....

Making remarks about a members level of knowledge on a device, OS or platform isn't productive and rude. After all that is why these forums exist so anyone can come ask questions without worry of being picked on or insulted.

Paul
Forums Moderator

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Tarek Salama

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I ended up buying the nexus 4. I didn't get the HTC One because I learned that the One X might not get 4.4. That's like one year of support. The nexus 4 is quite snappy and fast compared to my old Galaxy S3. So yes I'll wait for the nexus 10 and see who's making and hopefully it gets a snapdragon 800 processor and full HD screen.