4.3 updated but home button issue

goodspeed088

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded to 4.3 on my HTC One but whenever I click the home button it brings me to BlinkFeed instead of my main home screen. Anyone know how to fix that?

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Long press on home screen

Select and hold one of the home screens and you will see in the upper left corner SET AS HOME. Drag the screen to the SET AS HOME.

It will also have a little house icon on the default home screen.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

goodspeed088

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply but I'm talking about the lit up, dedicated home button on the bottom right corner. Now with 4.3, the default command when you tap the home button is to bring you to a widget or BlinkFeed and not back to the main screen with the rows of icons, time, weather, etc. Holding the home button down still brings you to Google now and double clicking it still brings you to recent apps but taping it just once does not bring me back home. Is there an option I am missing. Please help as it's driving me nuts.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I understand completely what your saying.

If you long press on your homescreen, it will come up with the following..
reja7eha.jpg

Then press and hold on the screen you wish to make the " default " for the single HOME button tap and drag it upwards to the SET AS HOME.
ha3uvama.jpg

goodspeed088

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help and quick reply Paul. Everything I got except that I cannot make one tap on the home button go to the main home screen as it did before. For example, with 4.2 if I was in any app, I was able to tap once on the home button and it would bring me to the main screen, not a widget or shortcut. Thanks again for your help.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help and quick reply Paul. Everything I got except that I cannot make one tap on the home button go to the main home screen as it did before. For example, with 4.2 if I was in any app, I was able to tap once on the home button and it would bring me to the main screen, not a widget or shortcut. Thanks again for your help.

Tapping home once will only bring you to the last page of home screens you were on. If you opened an app or the app drawer you will revert to the last screen. Double tapping home will take you to the designated home screen that has the house icon in edit mode.

Now also you can pinch inward on your home screen and get to the editing as well instead of a long press.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

goodspeed088

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys but don't think you get it. The dedicated home button by default with 4.2 would bring you to the main home screen and then if you wanted to go to BlinkFeed, you would hit the tile button. Now, with 4.3, tapping the home button once brings you to Blinkfeed or the widget you assigned as home. It's that simple. 4.3 changed the default of the home button when taping it once. Not sure why they thought users would not want home to represent home considering thats where everything is.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys but don't think you get it. The dedicated home button by default with 4.2 would bring you to the main home screen and then if you wanted to go to BlinkFeed, you would hit the tile button. Now, with 4.3, tapping the home button once brings you to Blinkfeed or the widget you assigned as home. It's that simple. 4.3 changed the default of the home button when taping it once. Not sure why they thought users would not want home to represent home considering thats where everything is.

I'm on 4.3 and Tapping my home button takes me to my homepage. Every time. You need to remap your home screen to something other than blinkfeed by following Paul's advice.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I was going to say I can go into any app and multi menus deep, tap my home button once and it returns me to my assigned default home screen which in my case isn't Blinkfeed.

See picture below showing the home icon as my default.

ejadu2yb.jpg

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

a monk_00

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I understand what the original poster was trying to get at. Screenshots below. If you press the red circled button on the Widget/BlinkFeed/etc screen you two are describing, you are moved to the Grid view screen in the second picture. If you press the Back or Home buttons, you're automatically switched away from the Grid view and back to the Widget/BlinkFeed/etc screens. This wasn't the case prior to 4.3. The OP (and me!) is looking for a way to disable that auto-toggle away from the Grid view while using the Back or Home keys.

Untitled.jpg

Screenshot_2013-10-14-09-19-46.jpg

goodspeed088

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, finally someone understands what I've been talking about!! Essentially, the "home" button gives you access to your grid view with icons or the second slide by swiping left to access Blinkfeed or widget. In fact, a quick blue bar at the bottom that fades away quickly shows that you are on the second pane, not the first! Prior in 4.2 the default when taping the home button once brought you to the first pane, which is your icon grid view.

peanette

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you end up figuring this out!? I am so glad I'm not the only one! This is driving me crazy! I hate that blink feed business!! I want to downgrade to have my home/icon screen back! Is that even possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa