What should I do in this situation?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I sold my own phone on eBay about a month ago and on the same day I bought the HTC One, barley used. The guy never sent the charger so I am returning it to him soon. However last night I was at the Pistons basketball game last night and it was opening night so they always have this different introduction for the players. This is when I noticed the pink tint and how bad it really was. The auction said never used but out of box and it honestly felt like it had never been used before. I'm noticing quite a few people have the same issue right out of the box. I have 2 options right now. I could buy the Nexus 5 for 350 new and likely save some money in the process, or I could buy a used (but in near perfect condition) HTC One. I love the sound on the HTC One and it's something that the extra tech specs of the Nexus 5 can't compete with. The picture quality is less desirable for me, but I love the aluminium finish and the HTC One is a quality device in my eyes. It's also a perk to have 32gb of storage ( although I probably will never use it). However it really bothers me that I can't take pictures at night. How frequent is the pink tint on the HTC One and how easy is the HTC One able to develop a pink tint if it doesn't have one right out of the box? Thanks for the help!

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Camera is the only downside of the One. If that's a big deal to you then check out the new Nexus, especially if storage isn't an issue.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 5 will tempt me away from the one next year when I have the money. The one is good but what let's it down for me is the sense UI. I cannot root until I have 4.3 because Hboot does not recognise windows 8.1. So I'm in between a rock and a hard place till I receive 4.3 or January when my student loan comes through.

izzi1024

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Go for nexus 5
I just updated to 4.3 and my issue is there. What option do I have? I loved this phone to bits. Now, should I go for s4 guys? I'm just sad.

Posted via Android Central App

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Go for nexus 5
I just updated to 4.3 and my issue is there. What option do I have? I loved this phone to bits. Now, should I go for s4 guys? I'm just sad.

Phone choice is a preference, choose your phone based on what you are going to use it most for? If you like listening to music via a speaker then the one is a must, if its for a camera go for a xperia z1, customisation then go for a nexus 5. Its your choice and unless you have a money tree in your garden choose wisely.

izzi1024

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Phone choice is a preference, choose your phone based on what you are going to use it most for? If you like listening to music via a speaker then the one is a must, if its for a camera go for a xperia z1, customisation then go for a nexus 5. Its your choice and unless you have a money tree in your garden choose wisely.

You are so right. So I love my One for its built quality, sound, fast camera and no lag, also great screen. So it's great, indoors photos in low light is not a preference but I noticed the problem that pissed me off. Not Sony ever. How about s4? Or I can maybe ignore the blue tint. :O

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You are so right. So I love my One for its built quality, sound, fast camera and no lag, also great screen. So it's great, indoors photos in low light is not a preference but I noticed the problem that pissed me off. Not Sony ever. How about s4? Or I can maybe ignore the blue tint. :O

I would have gone for an S4 if it didn't use 7gb of the internal memory for the OS/UI. This forces you to buy a memory card and that's unacceptable to me. I have not noticed the tint people talk of with the camera, but then again I don't really use it that much. If you have the money to buy an S4 and a memory card then go for it, I would. Otherwise stick with the one and maybe try a camera app? That may help with the tint?

izzi1024

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I would have gone for an S4 if it didn't use 7gb of the internal memory for the OS/UI. This forces you to buy a memory card and that's unacceptable to me. I have not noticed the tint people talk of with the camera, but then again I don't really use it that much. If you have the money to buy an S4 and a memory card then go for it, I would. Otherwise stick with the one and maybe try a camera app? That may help with the tint?

7GB? Wow! Any idea how much does the LG g2 uses? Though I don't like LG but just asking. 7GB means it would make a 16gig s4 'lag'. :/ no? Well I would not mind going for a s4 snapdragon edition, I've heard octacore lags a little, not sure. What do u say? But I love the body of this silver thing and the no lag advantage. Damn smooth (touchwood)

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
7gb of the 16gb internal storage. It still has 2gb ram to multi task, however the s4 does lag but that is only due to the UI touchwiz.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty