Wifi will not connect - Chrome Error 105 Unable to resolve the server"s DNS address

Finless

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So my roommate thought it would be a good idea to try and connect it himself. He ended up with some weird setting that made the wifi disconnect from the devices if they were dormant for more than 5 minutes. My phone went off line. I guess the setting was changed back because our other laptops connect and his iPhone connects but my unrooted HTC One on AT&T keeps giving that DNS error when I attempt to connect through Chrome or the stock browser. Nothing works...It says I am connected. It says I have an excellent signal but nothing will connect.

Suggestions please.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
What you posted is a bit unclear. Your roommate tried to connect what? Your wifi router? Or a setting on your ONE?

Try this:
1. Boot your router or modem/router to clear all connections (and set the router to WPA2 Security protocol)
2. On the ONE go to Settings>Wifi and find any previous connections to your network. (connected or saved) and press each one you find and select Forget
2B. (optional if you are on AT&T) Go to Settings>Apps>Downloaded and click on AT&T Smart Wi-fi and click on Clear Cache
3. On the ONE go to Settings>Power and scroll to the bottom and uncheck the Fast Boot box
4. Power off the ONE (Not a reset, power it off), wait 30 seconds and power it back on.
5. Turn on wifi on the ONE and let it find your home network and try to reconnect. You will have to reenter your network password in order to reconnect. If you are not prompted for the login password then something still ain't right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87