Loading is super SLOW (sms & fb)

Ekiiia88

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
When I'm about to send a text and choose a recipient, there's like a 3-5 second delay? It's annoying, anyway to fix it? Also when I log into Facebook, it just shows the loading circle for a long time. I would have to click on news feed for it to be normal. It never used to do that. Anyway to fix it?

Posted via Android Central App

TechNashville

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
When I'm about to send a text and choose a recipient, there's like a 3-5 second delay? It's annoying, anyway to fix it? Also when I log into Facebook, it just shows the loading circle for a long time. I would have to click on news feed for it to be normal. It never used to do that. Anyway to fix it?

Try clearing the App catch for both Facebook and Messenger. You can do this by going to settings, apps and then sliding over to the all Tab.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
May I ask if the problem with FB is occurring while on wifi or 4G/3G or both?

I am not the OP but I am having the same problem with FB. If I am at home on my wifi then it works fine. But if I am not on wifi I get the same spinning (loading) problem with FB. I think it's a problem with the FB app. It only started after the latest FB update for me. Everything else on the phone including internet works fine. It's just FB for me.

Last edited:

geronimosan

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I too am having this exact problem, and it all began after installing the 4.3 update. I'm really frustrated with this update, it is causing many problems, and has introduced grew benefits that I can see.

Ekiiia88

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
It usually happens on my 4G, rarely happens when I'm on WiFi at home. I'm thinking it's a Facebook glitch/bug? The delay with texting is just as annoying too...

Ekiiia88

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok clearing the cache for Facebook fixed the problem, thanks for info. Still hate the choosing sms recipient delay though...

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why not try a different sms app? There are tons on the play store. Sliding messaging and ninja sms are good ones. They both have free versions too.

TechNashville

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Dave makes a good point. Try hangouts, even. You can replace your messaging icon by going into the main apps folder and dragging it into the place of the stock messaging app.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Facebook is notorious for loading issues but the sms not loading is puzzling. How do you choose a person to text? Is it via people or the messaging app itself? Are you using the native app or hangouts?

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's weird, I'd understand if you were doing it via the contacts or people app. Have you a lot of messages in your app? If you do this could effect the performance of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch