URGENT - Locked out of phone; can't enter PIN with Google Voice Input

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Please help, I'm locked out of my phone.

Whenever my phone restarts, it for some reason always changes the default input to Google Voice Input. I just recently changed my security from a Pattern to a Pin. The only problem is now I can't enter my unlock PIN with the google voice keyboard. I said the numbers followed by "enter" and "return" or the numbers by themselves but it didn't work. So now I'm stuck locked out of my phone because of this extremely frustrating bug. Any help?

username#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ended up doing a factory reset. Ugh. There were literally no options to my knowledge.

Such a silly bug.

I was unaware of this bug until it hit to me on Friday. I just bought a USB OTG adaptor (micro B male to standard A female, US$9 retail, but available online for under $3), plugged in a standard keyboard, and entered my PIN. However, getting it to log in was tricky--Pressing enter inserted a carriage return; I ended up trying various key combinations, but ctrl+enter seemed to do the trick (though it followed ctrl+tab, so they may both be required). Hopefully this helps anyone currently suffering from the problem. I didn't find this solution posted anywhere when looking on Friday, and found no solution not requiring external input. Bonus: you can use the USB OTG adaptor to attach external media or other devices, too. Hopefully this helps anyone impacted in the future.

username#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Update: I was able to replicate the problem; after entering the PIN, tab twice and enter. I had a problem in one instance where the cursor remained in the PIN field after the tabs, but pressing enter still got me in, so ignore the cursor if this happens.

maidmarcia

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Please help, I'm locked out of my phone.

Whenever my phone restarts, it for some reason always changes the default input to Google Voice Input. I just recently changed my security from a Pattern to a Pin. The only problem is now I can't enter my unlock PIN with the google voice keyboard. I said the numbers followed by "enter" and "return" or the numbers by themselves but it didn't work. So now I'm stuck locked out of my phone because of this extremely frustrating bug. Any help?

Hi, this happened to me as well. I did the same thing. The reason I believe this happened is because I had SwiftKey as my default keyboard and Google Voice as my second one. The default didn't have time to load (doesn't load without entering past the lock screen) so it didn't work for me as well. Definitely a big flaw with the phone. It was very upsetting.