Think i'm about done with htc products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvillan401

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought the one because it is a good phone. And yet it isn't. I feel I miss my s4 terribly even if its just for the removable battery and expandable storage. Maybe htc wouldnt be worried about bankruptcy right now if they just gave people what the hell they wanted. Sure one's battery lasts longer than the s4 despite the galaxy's being bigger. Sure the speakers sound great for a phone (if your in a small quiet room) but nothing about this phone is practical. Every time i freaking plug it in just to charge the battery temp goes up over 110 degrees F and that god damn metal body is just like a freakin greenhouse. It literally just stores heat I swear. That **** is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to worry about how much im on my phone while charging or how bright the screen is just because the screw ups at htc did not make a device that can charge and be used heavily at the same time while keeping the overall temperature of the phone below 100 degress. When I got this phone I thought it was the coolest thing and worked great. I dont like this trend that the phone makers are starting to adapt of non removable batteries. Never again. I still think this is a good phone, but all these stupid little quirky damn things that are just enough to annoy me. My next device is most likely not going to be from htc. I know they're struggling right now. They probably wouldnt be if they just gave people what the hell they wanted instead of forcing these battery and storage options on people and expect them to like it. Most dumbasses nowadays, if they want to be told whats good for them and can't think on their own cus all they do is FOLLOW, then go get a crapple. Apple loves controlling every aspect of your experience and most deff doesnt want you to think for yourself. Maybe htc will get their **** together before they go out of business. Regardless of what they do I will be getting an lg, samsung, moto, or a sony for my next device. Sorry htc you lost one customer. I don't give a crap really how quick they get the updates out. The phone is basically one big heat sink. Sorry to ***** on and on. If anyone else feels the same way about their experience leave a comment!

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
if people wanted removable batteries and memory slots they wouldn't be buying the iphone by the millions.

and good luck with your next moto or sony phone because their high-end phones don't have removable battery either.

as for the heat... its made of metal. metal conducts heat better than plastic. its not htc's fault you skipped physics class. and samsung's next flagship phone is rumored to be made of aluminium too so be prepared!

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't this be more appropriate in the S4 forum. Maybe someone there cares.

Posted via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought the one because it is a good phone. And yet it isn't. I feel I miss my s4 terribly even if its just for the removable battery and expandable storage. Maybe htc wouldnt be worried about bankruptcy right now if they just gave people what the hell they wanted. Sure one's battery lasts longer than the s4 despite the galaxy's being bigger. Sure the speakers sound great for a phone (if your in a small quiet room) but nothing about this phone is practical. Every time i freaking plug it in just to charge the battery temp goes up over 110 degrees F and that god damn metal body is just like a freakin greenhouse. It literally just stores heat I swear. That **** is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to worry about how much im on my phone while charging or how bright the screen is just because the screw ups at htc did not make a device that can charge and be used heavily at the same time while keeping the overall temperature of the phone below 100 degress. When I got this phone I thought it was the coolest thing and worked great. I dont like this trend that the phone makers are starting to adapt of non removable batteries. Never again. I still think this is a good phone, but all these stupid little quirky damn things that are just enough to annoy me. My next device is most likely not going to be from htc. I know they're struggling right now. They probably wouldnt be if they just gave people what the hell they wanted instead of forcing these battery and storage options on people and expect them to like it. Most dumbasses nowadays, if they want to be told whats good for them and can't think on their own cus all they do is FOLLOW, then go get a crapple. Apple loves controlling every aspect of your experience and most deff doesnt want you to think for yourself. Maybe htc will get their **** together before they go out of business. Regardless of what they do I will be getting an lg, samsung, moto, or a sony for my next device. Sorry htc you lost one customer. I don't give a crap really how quick they get the updates out. The phone is basically one big heat sink. Sorry to ***** on and on. If anyone else feels the same way about their experience leave a comment!

Your rant is immature. Android in general has moved away from removable batteries and expandable memory. Samsung is holding on to those features so if you have to have them, then you will be using Samsung exclusively.

The vast majority couldn't care less about these two features. The ONE is a great device and offers more internal storage than many of its competitors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have done gaming on my one for long periods of time while plugged into the charger and mine never gets that hot. Are you using an aftermarket AC charger? I have an OTG cable and a 32gb SD card connected to it which is where I load music and video I want to take with me. Additional storage problem solved right there.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your experience with the HTC One. I have had a great one with mine. I still enjoy it and I have yet to use the N5 as my daily driver because of this device. But like others have said maybe the Moto X is more of what your looking for? Or even the S4...(Going back that is.)

phlamethrowre

Banned
Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Your rant is immature. Android in general has moved away from removable batteries and expandable memory. Samsung is holding on to those features so if you have to have them, then you will be using Samsung exclusively.

The vast majority couldn't care less about these two features. The ONE is a great device and offers more internal storage than many of its competitors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Samsung is also holding on to that stupid physical home button when every other android OEM has moved on. So basically the galaxy line is old school:)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Whew, thought that guy would never leave..

I for one am happy with my HTC One.. Its a great device..
I also have a note 3 and like it as well.
Its amazing how he can complain about the speakers, there isnt a device out there with better sounding sound, true stereo speakers..
Perhaps the T in tvillan stands for Troll. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress