kitkat on HTC one

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
This may seem like a daft question but is the UI different on this version compared to jb?

Posted via Android Central App

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
This may seem like a daft question but is the UI different on this version compared to jb?

it depends if you have GPE or standard version. The GPE is basicaly "Nexus"- vanilla Android without Sense UI. Not sure if there's 4.4KK available yet, but if rumours are correct, HTC will introduce Sense 6.0 along with 4.4 KK.

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have an unbranded, unlocked HTC one but it ain't a gpe so we will see then

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how they will integrate BlinkFeed with Kitkat as usually the left swipe takes you to Google now in kk. I like sense though, and BlinkFeed and the camera and it's features like zoes and highlights. Be great to see what they do in sense 6

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how they will integrate BlinkFeed with Kitkat as usually the left swipe takes you to Google now in kk. I like sense though, and BlinkFeed and the camera and it's features like zoes and highlights. Be great to see what they do in sense 6

Left swipe to bring up google now is only with the Google Experience launcher which isn't standard in KitKat. It only comes with the Nexus 5. You can sideload it though on other devices.

Ignoring that, the UI between JB/KK is pretty much exactly the same apart from some colours and a couple settings (from memory).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87