Weather data not available?

woodynorman

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
New HTC One owner. Loving my new phone!

One issue i am having is the stock weather widget on the lock screen. It will work fine for a few hours maybe, then will say "weather data not available". If I go into the weather app, it tells me to pull down to refresh content. Once I do that, the weather is shown on the lock screen for a few hours, then goes back to the same.

In the weather settings, "scheduled sync" and "update schedule" are greyed out. I suspect these are the settings I need to keep the weather data current, but I can't change them.

Can anyone help?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
In the weather settings, "scheduled sync" and "update schedule" are greyed out. I suspect these are the settings I need to keep the weather data current, but I can't change them.

Can anyone help?

yes this is why its not updating.

try removing any and all of the locations you've entered and start again, including "current location".

some users have experienced a glitch when setting up current locations. if that does not solve it clear the weather app data from settings > apps and set it up again.

those two options are not meant to be greyed out. when you get it working it will not give you any further problems.