Sending and receiving MMS text messages error

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out a fix for this. I thought the HTC service pack last week might if fixed it but it didn't. It is getting beyond annoying now.

Posted via Android Central App

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It is a problem with my carrier I found out. I can send/receive attachments over my data connection but not my WiFi using my native text app on phone which is annoying. If I use Whatsapp it works on either. Called my carrier and that's the way it's set up, can't change it.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok. After trying a few mms apps I've discovered the problem. HTC messaging doesn't give an option to turn on the data connection when sending/receiving MMS messages. If it did it would solve the problem. The only issue I'm having now us battery life if I go with another app on the play store. I tried go sms pro but it is a bettery drained for me. Seems like too much running on the background. Any other suggestions that would solve my issue but light on resources and battery?

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Try Textra. I have Sprint but when I am home I am always connected to my wifi. I have no problem sending or receiving MMS on my wifi using Textra.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Tried it MMS doesn't work. Another thing I noticed is because I have my data off while my WiFi is on and vice versa. That creates a problem with some of these apps even when they force data on to do the MMS. I'm using evolve right now. It works and appears to be ok on battery life but I have to keep my data on.

Thought I would give my HTC message a shot again with the data always on to see if that was the problem but I have to turn WiFi off for it to work.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Use chompSMS...has settings for the exact problem you have. The problem has been fixed ever since I started using it.