HTC One (M7)

Phen0mable

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So. I had exchange not long ago and my new phone seams to have same problem .. Mobile signal seams to gradually going away during phone call...
4G then to H then 3G then E and then cross No signal but call does not get dropped ... Please see the screenshot
View image: Screenshot 2014 08 20 11 57 48

Can you check your phones if you have same problem or it's just mine ...

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Your phone will go to 3G/H during a call on purpose to save battery. Voice traffic doesn't flow over LTE (for now anyway) so when all it's doing is voice it will drop to the network that makes most sense. But going to Edge never makes sense. In the screen shot it shows no data which is more of a symptom of the bad SIM card connections these phones suffer from.

Take the SIM card out and on the plastic side put a piece of Scotch tape about the same size (but not bigger) as the SIM and slide it back in. That should give you a more firm connection and has entirely solved the network dropping for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What wireless service do you have, and how is the network in general around you? Does the signal die while you're in the exact same location? Are you using the same SIM card as the last phone? If so, I would ask for a new SIM.

Phen0mable

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm in UK and use EE. SIM is relatively new but do have opportunity to check different SIM.. For now I stick a tape as Dogs OfWar advised..

Phen0mable

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
it dies regardless where I am. I use same SIM as the last phone. EE charge £10 for SIM replacement so I have to be 100% sure that it's SIM faulty

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Really, they charge you money for a faulty SIM that they gave you? I'd try to dispute that charge.

Phen0mable

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
tape doesn't work and I also used other SIM card and I'm on the phone with my misses and I see cross near signal bars but call isn't dropped... Just the same as you can see on previous screenshot

@B. Diddy yes they do charge for new SIM no matter what you tell them

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer