Why can't I use full functions of my HTC One M7 6500lvw Verizon?

A

AC Question

why can,t i use full functions of my htc one m7 6500lvw verizone?

hi,
i,m from pakistan and bought this phone (HTC ONE M7 VERIZONE 6500LVW) from a local market. at first on inserting a pakistani telecom simcard named as ZONG, phone showed a message as " a non-verizone sim card detected" and shut down twice. so i connected my phone to windows based p.c and via HTC SYNC MANAGER updated it to 4.4.3 kitkat. after the update phone accepted the simcard after showing the same non verizone sim card detected message and got my phone functional. but i cant use some of the features like MMS, INTERNET sharing with other phones because it shows the message that these functions will only work in CDMA MODE. also i can,t check for updates either.
what should i do know? please guide my properly.
as you know my country does not have htc support centers and neither can i find help from any one here.
i seek help from different websites but almost everyone says sorry about verizone based m7.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why can,t i use full functions of my htc one m7 6500lvw verizone?

Welcome to Android Central! In order for a phone to work on a cellular network, the phone has to support the network bands that the network uses. Here are Zong's network bands: Zong Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I don't believe the Verizon HTC One M7 supports any of those GSM bands--certainly not for LTE. Sorry, but I don't think there's anything you can do to force compatibility.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87