Stock Firmware

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know were I can download the stock firmware for the UK version of the htc one m8 ? I want to install a custom rom but want to make sure I have everything in place just in case i need to go back to stock.

Thanks in advance.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know were I can download the stock firmware for the UK version of the htc one m8 ? I want to install a custom rom but want to make sure I have everything in place just in case i need to go back to stock.

Thanks in advance.
Flashing roms wont change anything with your firmware. Just install your custom recovery and make a nand backup in recovery before you do anything else.

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
How about when I want to sell the phone or send it in for repair how would i get it back to stock like remove root and custom recovery ?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the noob questions but how would i get the stock recovery back once backup is restored ?

You need to remember that your bootloader will show unlocked or relocked, so i suggest you go s-off so you can flash a hboot that will make it look stock untouched.

juiceboxpenis

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this question is already answered, but if anyone else wanted to run stock Android, you could simply download google's Google Now Launcher instead of having to s-off

Posted via Android Central App

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this question is already answered, but if anyone else wanted to run stock Android, you could simply download google's Google Now Launcher instead of having to s-off

Posted via Android Central App
Theres a little more to it then just a launcher.