Viper ROM calendar?

imolafem

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, brand new to the forums. Glad to be here!

I just bought an HTC One M8 after my Nexus 5 was stolen :(. I miss the vanilla look and great interoperability of that phone. I have a few irritations around this OneM8, and one of the biggest ones is the calendar does not show the day of the week name on day of the week view. I downloaded and installed google calendar but the phone still opens htc's calendar by default from the calendar widget, etc. super annoying.

I thought I'd go with a custom rom, and it seems like the viper one is most popular and customizable. But before I go through all that work, with the viper can I get rid of htc's calendar completely? I've never flashed a rom before but it seems to be pretty straightforward with all the great how tos on these forums and the internet!

Thank you everyone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, brand new to the forums. Glad to be here!

I just bought an HTC One M8 after my Nexus 5 was stolen :(. I miss the vanilla look and great interoperability of that phone. I have a few irritations around this OneM8, and one of the biggest ones is the calendar does not show the day of the week name on day of the week view. I downloaded and installed google calendar but the phone still opens htc's calendar by default from the calendar widget, etc. super annoying.

I thought I'd go with a custom rom, and it seems like the viper one is most popular and customizable. But before I go through all that work, with the viper can I get rid of htc's calendar completely? I've never flashed a rom before but it seems to be pretty straightforward with all the great how tos on these forums and the internet!

Thank you everyone.

Welcome to the forums. Since Viper is based off of Sense, it is difficult to say what will be included. It might have dual calendars, or it might be a modified version of the Sense calendar.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984