HTC One (M8) Sim free 32gb UK ??

B3njamm1n

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So im definitely going to buy one. I have been a HTC fanboy since the G1 and had all thier flagship phones since then.

One thing that bugs me more than ever is running out of space , especially since my HTC desire days where it used to happen all the time. I am actually having to resort back to using my desire currently after dropping my HTC m7 into the ocean a few weeks ago :'( and god we have come along way since that phone.

Is there any news as to when we can expect to see a Sim free 32gb version of the phone available in the UK?

howardlyttle

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I too will never buy a handset with less than 32gb of internal storage especially now google have removed the app2sd function from android. I am still waiting for a new 32gb htc one m8 as the 16gb is no use to me, my carrier says they only do 16gb cos it has a sd card slot so the extra internal storage is not needed!!! They obviously do not know much about android handsets if they think that is the case! So i will be sourcing one from elsewhere. HTC make great phones but WHY have they skimped on internal memory, even less memory than its predecessors especially when memory banks are cheap as hell nowadays. Every carrier is only offering the 16gb model hoping people will accept this and not know any different, well I hope this is not the case and consumers look elsewhere before upgrading. They may think again in the future if this is the case. I do believe the date for release of the 32gb is April 4th but that date has not been confirmed by htc? Lets keep our fingers crossed.

:-$

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the retailers on this.
Media can all go on the SD card leaving the phone free for apps that won't go on SD and you are going some if you need 10Gb or so of apps.

B3njamm1n

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
seen these guys before, had pre orders for the asus transformer infinity for like three months before it was actually available, they also don't have stock with this . least it gives an idea of price

marenello99

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm also looking for the 32GB version, seems very hard to find currently. The page the link directs you to (mobile fun for anyone not regestered) says 'This SIM free handset is unlocked and compatible with any 2G/GSM or 3G SIM card' but it does not mention 4G, does anyone know if this means it won't work on UK 4G? It would be really good if someone could say if they have used this company before to buy a phone. Thanks

maffie440

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Rumors are that it's april 11th. Samsung s5 comes out this date so some companies are bringing the htc one m8 32gb out at this time too to create some competition :)

marenello99

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I've emailed mobile fun at the end of last week and although they have the item for pre-order they wrote back saying 'the product does not currently have an estimated date of arrival and they expect a longer than anticipated wait for this item to be available'. I've registered for handtec updates too, so I'll post an update if they contact me. Really not sure what to do as my backup choice was going to be the Sony Z2, which now doesn't even have a 32GB option. Might have to hold on for the G3...

mhrgroup

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, as I am on holiday, I am thinking of getting a Unlocked version of the HTC One M8 from America,

My question is would it work in the UK?

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
The US uses a different bandwidth 4G so I don't think so.
I know the UK phone works in the US but doesn't work on 4G - all the reviewers had UK phones even in the US so couldn't test 4G.

titsi

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Offerbank is based in Dubai. I'd be very wary of doing business with a foreign supplier which is quoting a price a little too good to be true. If it all goes tits-up it is extremely difficult to get any redress when your contract is regulated by the law of the UAE.

thebudda

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
SO apart from this Dubai seller and the AT&T/Verizon US 4G ones there is no other 32GB versions available for UK buyers in May 2014? :-(

blackbox98

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
No. :(
This is all part of the stupid game that manufacturers play with not releasing the best possible phone to every market.
There is no 32Gb for the UK market. HTC support argue a new ultra SD card is as fast as the internal memory.
Android have removed App2SD and no useful app would ever run from SD.
You cannot use a grey import as the 4G radio will be different. UK uses a different LTE and other countries don't even use LTE.
Even if you can get decent 4G reception anywhere in the UK ??? ISPs are selling these with 2Gb Data/month ???
I too desperately want this phone but all retail options are so crippled I will not buy. Joke !!!
I will struggle along with my 32Gb iPhone4 until there is a powerful phone that will handle my heavy usage.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
crippled I will not buy. Joke !!! .

Man, I hated that word when I was using my Lumia 1520 and they called AT&T version crippled because it didn't have Qi charging. Now I come here and hear it here. But this time not addressed at my AT&T HTC One M8. LoL You can still move most apps to the SD card. The developer has to write the app a little differently, but there shouldn't be a problem unless it is trying to get info from you that it doesn't need. I found the article below that may clear it up a bit.

KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress