HTC One M8 Frozen at Splash Screen

frozenandroid

Oct 7, 2021
Visit site
I have an older HTC One M8 that was very low on storage space. I restarted it, and while it was booting up, I decided instead to just turn it off after I saw the unlock screen. Since then, any time I try to turn on the phone, it’s frozen at the HTC splash screen.

1. Is there a way to recover without a factory reset? I’ve tried wiping the cache partition and rebooting

2. Is there a way to recover my data/pictures? I’ve tried using Android File Transfer but it complains that there’s no phone connected. Is there a way to recover files without turning the phone on? i.e., treating the phone as a storage device and recovering the files

3. If the above options are not possible, can I still recover my data/pictures after a factory reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try charging the phone on a wall outlet undisturbed for at least 6 hours, and then power on again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!
Either try factory reset or flashing the stock firmware but at this point your not going save any data , in future should consider cloud back up or different method especially important stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174