Came from iPHONE 4S, NO TEXTS from others using iMessage

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I still don't understand what's happening with iMessage. My wife has texted me successfully via SMS only later to have a new message go through iMessage (I know that she texted me because I get notification on my computer and iPad). I can text someone from my One and when they reply, it still goes through iMessage. I've turned off iMessage on my iPhone but it still goes through iMessage some of the time. It's incredibly frustrating to have this problem and it's inconsistent and unpredictable which makes it even more annoying.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I still don't understand what's happening with iMessage. My wife has texted me successfully via SMS only later to have a new message go through iMessage (I know that she texted me because I get notification on my computer and iPad). I can text someone from my One and when they reply, it still goes through iMessage. I've turned off iMessage on my iPhone but it still goes through iMessage some of the time. It's incredibly frustrating to have this problem and it's inconsistent and unpredictable which makes it even more annoying.

Your problem may be that your other devices (computer and iPad) have retained your cellular number as an address you can be reached at. I have had then same problem in the past, I also use a Mac and iPad. I had all my Apple devices set up for iMessage using my iCloud email address and cellular number as "send & receive" addresses. What worked for me was to go into settings on the iPad, then iMessage, send & receive, then tap on your Apple ID and select "sign out", also open iMessage on your computer, open "preferences" select "accounts" and sign out. Once you have signed out of iMessage on all your Apple devices you can then sign back in and your cellular number should not be in the list of "send & receive" addresses on your computer and iPad if you have successfully turned it off on your iPhone.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, we did that twice and there are still people who can't text me. I've had them turn off their imessage, delete my number, delete the text thread, etc.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Your problem may be that your other devices (computer and iPad) have retained your cellular number as an address you can be reached at. I have had then same problem in the past, I also use a Mac and iPad. I had all my Apple devices set up for iMessage using my iCloud email address and cellular number as "send & receive" addresses. What worked for me was to go into settings on the iPad, then iMessage, send & receive, then tap on your Apple ID and select "sign out", also open iMessage on your computer, open "preferences" select "accounts" and sign out. Once you have signed out of iMessage on all your Apple devices you can then sign back in and your cellular number should not be in the list of "send & receive" addresses on your computer and iPad if you have successfully turned it off on your iPhone.

I'll try this. Thanks.

nuccabay

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
having issues as well, i deleted my number permanently, even unregistered my ipad as well as disabled imessages. called apple, they said everything had been taken care of already, but i am still not receiving messages at times. seems the best way is to have an iphone user restart a thread, but seriously cmon!? for one i dont keep track of what phone all my contacts use, for people like my mom and brother thats easy, but what about my friend who is teaching english in china and hasnt been back stateside since 2011??

there has got to be a way to permanently delete your imessage convos so they delete from others phones as well. Does anyone know how to do this?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately you need to text or tell everyone with an iphone to goto settings->messages and turn on "Send as SMS"
This isn't true. I didn't have to tell anyone I txt with to do anything different.

Message convos I was in picked up as multi-recipient MMS after I deactivated iMessage. I also activated iMessage on my iPad at the same time so maybe that had something to do with my success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87