Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Came from iPHONE 4S, NO TEXTS from others using iMessage

having issues as well, i deleted my number permanently, even unregistered my ipad as well as disabled imessages. called apple, they said everything had been taken care of already, but i am still not receiving messages at times. seems the best way is to have an iphone user restart a thread, but seriously cmon!? for one i dont keep track of what phone all my contacts use, for people like my mom and brother thats easy, but what about my friend who is teaching english in china and hasnt been back stateside since 2011??

there has got to be a way to permanently delete your imessage convos so they delete from others phones as well. Does anyone know how to do this?

Default Re: Came from iPHONE 4S, NO TEXTS from others using iMessage

Quote Originally Posted by Axefire View Post
    Unfortunately you need to text or tell everyone with an iphone to goto settings->messages and turn on "Send as SMS"
    This isn't true. I didn't have to tell anyone I txt with to do anything different.

Message convos I was in picked up as multi-recipient MMS after I deactivated iMessage. I also activated iMessage on my iPad at the same time so maybe that had something to do with my success.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12