Setting up Pop3 email account and having issues!!!!! HELP??

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I am on WOW INTERNET for my email. I set up the configurations as per website and tech support and having no issues receiving email, but issues sending email.

Funny thing is I was trying to get it set up at work yesterday all day and everytime i sent email it would come back "unable to send mail".. Last night at home, on the Wow wifi, i was having success with the outgoing email being sent so i figured it was fixed... came to work today and same thing, IT WILL NOT SEND but i can receive still.. I called Wow and they said they cannot help me... CAN YOU GUYS???? am I missing a setting somewhere??

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
When sending from work, are you on their wifi? Sounds like maybe that port for sending mail is being blocked. Try turning off wifi while at work and then try to send an email.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
just tried that.... still getting the unable to send message...
When sending from work, are you on their wifi? Sounds like maybe that port for sending mail is being blocked. Try turning off wifi while at work and then try to send an email.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
A lot of companies use non standard smtp ports instead of the standard port 25. You might want to check with whomever your email is with and check the port that they want used for the smtp. It will also vary depending on whether you are using POP or IMAP. So check which one of those you are using and then check with your provider to see which port needs to be used.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Is there a checkbox somewhere that says to send securely or over SSL?

my other suggestion would be to create a Gmail or Outlook account and setup POP3/SMTP and try sending from that account. If it works then at least you can go back to Wow and let me know that.

Last edited:

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
mine sets up 1-2-3.

go to manual set-up.
type in email
user name
password
(your) mail.example.com
port should be 110
hit next

then next page make sure your mail.example is the same as first page and port is 587...

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
no luck... i got the settings to accept and it didnt come back as any errors but i never received the test texts at all??? sending to my work email and never receive them