Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By scottysize
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By Skyway
  • 1 Post By icenija
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default blinkfeed

I know BlinkFeed gives u updates on What you set, is there any other cool things it does?

Default Re: blinkfeed

It will let you know when your tv shows are on, as well as calender tasks

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

I'm wondering this as well. Calendar tasks sounds helpful I have a widget for that. I don't twitter and I don't want my Linked In or my Facebook on my Blinkfeed. How do you get it to tell you about your shows? My phone didn't come with a manual and I'm struggling to find info about certain features, Blinkfeed being one.

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    I'm wondering this as well. Calendar tasks sounds helpful I have a widget for that. I don't twitter and I don't want my Linked In or my Facebook on my Blinkfeed. How do you get it to tell you about your shows? My phone didn't come with a manual and I'm struggling to find info about certain features, Blinkfeed being one.
    On BlinkFeed, swipe to the right to open the content selector and then hit the three dot drop down menu. Go into services and apps. It's down near the bottom of the list.

Honestly I personally like having Facebook in my BlinkFeed. That way I don't have to go into the Facebook app itself

As far as not having a manual goes, I literally open up every menu and settings section of everything in the phone, just to familiarize myself with it.

Thanked by 2:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's imminently more useful than previous versions, to the point where I can actually use it to keep up with the news I care about.

I don't have to install Flipboard to get Flipboard, if that makes sense.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    My phone didn't come with a manual and I'm struggling to find info about certain features,
    Here ya go, you can find it here HTC One (M8): User Manual
    There's also a link to a FAQ page that's pretty informative too.
    Thanked by 2:

I'm with Skyway. I have my FB and Google+ on there and can quickly scroll through some things, but I really don't use it more than that. It's certainly not my home page.
    Proud owner of: White LG G2 & (iPhone 6)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    Skyway likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Is there a way to turn it off ? Are those the only things you can add under services n apps

Quote Originally Posted by RRHMJ23 View Post
    Is there a way to turn it off ? Are those the only things you can add under services n apps
    Yup you can disable BlinkFeed. There are a bunch of services and apps, check it out:

blinkfeed-uploadfromtaptalk1396883701637.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Pinch the screen, tap and hold on the Blinkfeed screen, then move it to the trash.
    Proud owner of: White LG G2 & (iPhone 6)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks guys. I seen the things under that menu but is that all the services and apps available? Or can u add more
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Yup you can disable BlinkFeed. There are a bunch of services and apps, check it out:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396883701637.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	111259

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I seen the things under that menu but is that all the services and apps available? Or can u add more
    I'm pretty sure you can add more. I don't think Fitbit is in there stock, I downloaded it a couple days ago and it showed up there

I'm pretty sure you can add more. I don't think Fitbit is in there stock, I downloaded it a couple days ago and it showed up there

HTC offered up the APIs for Blinkfeed and the Camera to developers. We should see more app integration soon. Fit bit was probably just one of the first to push an app out that supports it.
    B0WIE likes this.

Mine had Facebook Twitter Foursquare and Google Plus and TV all checked but when I hit the button to the ledt under highlights mine doesn't show TV just Facebook Twitter and Foursquare. Do I need to set up my TV app 1st maybe? I didn't use blink feed much before on my M7 but may try it now.

On BlinkFeed, swipe to the right to open the content selector and then hit the three dot drop down menu. Go into services and apps. It's down near the bottom of the list.

Honestly I personally like having Facebook in my BlinkFeed. That way I don't have to go into the Facebook app itself

As far as not having a manual goes, I literally open up every menu and settings section of everything in the phone, just to familiarize myself with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
    Mine had Facebook Twitter Foursquare and Google Plus and TV all checked but when I hit the button to the ledt under highlights mine doesn't show TV just Facebook Twitter and Foursquare. Do I need to set up my TV app 1st maybe? I didn't use blink feed much before on my M7 but may try it now.
    That is probably the issue. You have to setup which provider you have in the app, so unless you do that it isn't going to know which channels you have to display them in BlinkFeed

Thanked by:
    Rose4uKY likes this.

I don't know I did have it set up with my provider twc. But off to the left under Highlights and it shows my services and apps I just don't see TV listed maybe it's not supposed to be shown there but I have it checked. But anyway I don't use Blinkfeed really hardly did on my old phone but thought I'd use it more on this new phone which I love so much. I need to set up my remote next.

That is probably the issue. You have to setup which provider you have in the app, so unless you do that it isn't going to know which channels you have to display them in BlinkFeed

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Like most here, Blinkfeed is not my homepage but it helps if I want to check Facebook, G+, Twitter, Instagram without having to actually open up the individual apps. Also in settings there are so many things you can add to Blinkfeed so the best is to play with it and add things you are interested in and see how you like it.

Ice
    Thanked by:
    Rose4uKY likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Does Anybody know if pintrest works with BlinkFeed