Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE (M80) headphone jack problem

Has anyone else had this problem? Only one side of the headphone works. I'll have to pull the plug out a little and twist it a bit until it worked. I've tried a couple of headphone apps to try to fix this issue and sometimes it's worked, but will go back to only one side after unplugging and replugging the headphones in.

I just purschased last friday so most likely will be going back to Tmo to do an exchange if no known fixes to this issue.

Default Re: HTC ONE (M80) headphone jack problem

I had that problem a while back but it turned out to be the headphones..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Have you only tried it with one set of headphones? And make sure you push it in ask the way.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Have you only tried it with one set of headphones? And make sure you push it in ask the way.

Yeah, before you exchange your M8, I would try a couple of different headphones. It could be your headphones and not the M8.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i've tried 3 different headphones - but they all have mics.

they're put in all the way, i've tried twisting it and what not to see if it'll do anything, but no luck.

Haven't had that problem at all. Not sure if that's a hardware or software thing though.

Global Posts
    1,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

You could always just cut the cord and pick up a pair of bluetooth headphones or buds. Jaybird Bluebuds are nice.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Global Posts
    1,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Haven't had that problem at all. Not sure if that's a hardware or software thing though.

I suspect it probably a hardware problem, either phone or headphones.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I might just try taking it to tmobile and see if i can exchange it for a new one - if not then i'll just keep it and see how it goes.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tony vang View Post
    I might just try taking it to tmobile and see if i can exchange it for a new one - if not then i'll just keep it and see how it goes.
    Well if it's not working correctly then definitely take it back.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by tony vang View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem? Only one side of the headphone works. I'll have to pull the plug out a little and twist it a bit until it worked. I've tried a couple of headphone apps to try to fix this issue and sometimes it's worked, but will go back to only one side after unplugging and replugging the headphones in.

I just purschased last friday so most likely will be going back to Tmo to do an exchange if no known fixes to this issue.
    Mine works fine. One last thing to look for: check for any compressed lint in the headphone jack. That happened to me once and I used a small pin to snag it and pull it out, then all was good.

If not that, definitely just exchange!
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Do you have a case? And if so, is it blocking the plug from fully seating (Like cutout not wide enough)? That happened to me with another phone.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off

I have had no such problems. I would try to exchange it.

Hope you get it figured out. Good luck with your M80!

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Picked up my new M80 yesterday from a 3 store and I have the same problem so obviously a bad batch of phones out there,
    I tried 5 different pairs of head phones including the ones in the box, and also ones without a microphone, so different plug format. All with the same result, only sound out of the right ear.
    Will be taking the phone back this morning, if they say they can not exchange there and then, I will cancel my contract as still in the cooling off period.
    Very disappointed that a premium phone could have passed the QC testing with these issues.

Global Posts
    1,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

My headphone jack works properly

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Into 3 store in Havant at 09:00 with my problem phone, out by 09:20 with a replacement, checked and all working correctly.
    Superb customer service!
    Now happy with my new phone.

Global Posts
    1,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Congratulations, enjoy your new M8

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Mine is doing this too, using skull candy 50/50's ... They work on other devices just not the m8. Audio only xcoming through one side...

I have this same problem - tested head phones on other devices and tried other headphones. One ear is always not working when I plug in to the HTC One M8.
    Very dissappointing since phone is almost brand new. Issue happened about a week after I bought the phone.

My Skull Candy buds do not work well with the M8. The sound fades in and out, or cuts out all together. The other two sets I have, iphone and HTC stock set, work just fine. Not sure why.

I am having the same problem, unfortunatelly I cannot claim for warranty or return since I have bought the phone abroad. Makes me regret of not buying an Iphone or Samsung S5. HTC seems to be not as good as it was.
    I have tried with headphones with and without microphone. It is a problem with the contact pins inside the jack. I will try to bend them to force to make contact.
    Good like everyone.

Also having this problem. Almost no sound on the left if fully plugged in...but if I slightly unplug it, sound will go to both headphones...but at a lower quality...

Funny thing is I just got the phone TODAY as a replacement since my original one was also fault...

Basically I'm guessing I'll have to get a replacement for my replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by Lisandro R View Post
    I am having the same problem, unfortunatelly I cannot claim for warranty or return since I have bought the phone abroad. Makes me regret of not buying an Iphone or Samsung S5. HTC seems to be not as good as it was.
    I have tried with headphones with and without microphone. It is a problem with the contact pins inside the jack. I will try to bend them to force to make contact.
    Good like everyone.
    Cara, você conseguiu reparar ou identificou a causa do problema?

No meu caso, eu tenho problema sempre que conecto para o celular dar carga.

Abs.,

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I have the same issue with headphones, but when I plug the auxiliary cable in my car it functions through all speakers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast