HTC ONE (M80) headphone jack problem

Lisandro R

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem, unfortunatelly I cannot claim for warranty or return since I have bought the phone abroad. Makes me regret of not buying an Iphone or Samsung S5. HTC seems to be not as good as it was.
I have tried with headphones with and without microphone. It is a problem with the contact pins inside the jack. I will try to bend them to force to make contact.
Good like everyone.

DeavenMitchell

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Also having this problem. Almost no sound on the left if fully plugged in...but if I slightly unplug it, sound will go to both headphones...but at a lower quality...

Funny thing is I just got the phone TODAY as a replacement since my original one was also fault...

Basically I'm guessing I'll have to get a replacement for my replacement...

Virgilio Boas

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem, unfortunatelly I cannot claim for warranty or return since I have bought the phone abroad. Makes me regret of not buying an Iphone or Samsung S5. HTC seems to be not as good as it was.
I have tried with headphones with and without microphone. It is a problem with the contact pins inside the jack. I will try to bend them to force to make contact.
Good like everyone.

Cara, você conseguiu reparar ou identificou a causa do problema?

No meu caso, eu tenho problema sempre que conecto para o celular dar carga.

Abs.,

Tinostre

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with headphones, but when I plug the auxiliary cable in my car it functions through all speakers.

Posted via Android Central App

Jason_d

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
This is a common fault - I had the exact same problem with my HTC one X and upgraded the M8 hoping I could listen to music again (nope), the only thing I can link this to would be using a earphone jacks with a microphone (Beats audio ear phones). I used these earphones on both phones and then I had issues with using Aux in my car - I have nearly smashed my phone by bashing the cable in when the sound cuts out. No way will I buy another HTC and now I need to buy a Bluetooth headunit.

videobored

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
please go to Settings>Call>CDMA call settings and turn off Voice Privacy.

I was having this problem with my new M8 that I got at the end of August 2014. I checked it with two different sets of headphones, so it is definitely the phone. I was sure it was a hardware issue, but turning off the CDMA call privacy thing seems to have helped. I need to read more about what exactly that does, and what the ramifications of disabling it are, but thanks for the useful tip!
-vb

videobored

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a follow up to this issue. I was still having problems with this even after doing the CDMA solution. I just chatted with an HTC support tech about the issue. He had me clear the phone cache and that seems to have cleared up the issue. Here are the steps he had me do:
  1. make sure fast boot is turned off (settings > power >)
  2. power off the phone
  3. hold volume-down and power at the same time
  4. when the menu comes up, use the volume buttons to select 'recovery', and select it with the power key
  5. it will reboot, when the red triangle appears, hold volume-up and press the power key once without releasing the volume up key
  6. when the next menu comes up, select wipe cache partition, select it with the power key
  7. when the process is complete, highlight 'reboot' and use power key to select it.
  8. the phone will reboot, and the headphone jack should work better
My volumes are better, although not entirely balanced. Seems like about 40% left/60% right. He had me try it in safe mode as well, but that did not seem to make it any better. The only other option was to do a complete factory reset, which I did not want to do. I'm ok with the 40/60 split.
Good luck!
-vb

Eddy Mofo

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? Only one side of the headphone works. I'll have to pull the plug out a little and twist it a bit until it worked. I've tried a couple of headphone apps to try to fix this issue and sometimes it's worked, but will go back to only one side after unplugging and replugging the headphones in.

I just purschased last friday so most likely will be going back to Tmo to do an exchange if no known fixes to this issue.

Jose Salazar5

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. With one year with my HTC one, I had to buy about 5 set of headphones. One was indeed for marathon runners. All the time is the right side which fails... My next try will be a bluetooth set.

Hariharan Mahendran

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem... headphones without mics work but then headphones with don't work at all.. i took this to the geek squad and they told me that i would have to wait it out for htc to send an update... there has been two updates and still no fix. seeing as some time has elapsed for you, i do need to ask if you have had any luck regarding this problem or have you done anything to resolve it yet? i am thinking of going in to ask for my money back.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I did this ,but after a while it starting messing up again.
I have a follow up to this issue. I was still having problems with this even after doing the CDMA solution. I just chatted with an HTC support tech about the issue. He had me clear the phone cache and that seems to have cleared up the issue. Here are the steps he had me do:
  1. make sure fast boot is turned off (settings > power >)
  2. power off the phone
  3. hold volume-down and power at the same time
  4. when the menu comes up, use the volume buttons to select 'recovery', and select it with the power key
  5. it will reboot, when the red triangle appears, hold volume-up and press the power key once without releasing the volume up key
  6. when the next menu comes up, select wipe cache partition, select it with the power key
  7. when the process is complete, highlight 'reboot' and use power key to select it.
  8. the phone will reboot, and the headphone jack should work better
My volumes are better, although not entirely balanced. Seems like about 40% left/60% right. He had me try it in safe mode as well, but that did not seem to make it any better. The only other option was to do a complete factory reset, which I did not want to do. I'm ok with the 40/60 split.
Good luck!
-vb

shawn4jc1

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I also have the problem where only one side of the headphone works. If I have the music playing from the phone speakers then plug in head phones I can hear sound from the left earpiece for a 1/10 of a second but then it will stop and only play out of the right earpiece. I have had this phone since it was cool but I'm getting tired of it now.

I have tested other head sets and earbuds and they are all the same. I had the headphone jack cleaned and no change. The part to replace is $70 (I know it's ridicules but that is what I can find unless you rick a buying a broken phone) but I think it might be a software problem. I'm going to try a factory reset, after I get my phone backed up, but I'm not hope full.

If any knows any fix let me know.
And I will let you know how this works for me.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174