CDMA only mode on Verizon version?

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I found that when I disabled the 4G and went to Wifi only my battery didn't drain as fast. I've also read other people say that when they are on 3G, CDMA only mode, that the device battery is dramatically improved. Only problem is when I go into the settings to switch Verizon only gives Global, LTE/CDMA, and GSM/UTS modes but no CDMA only mode like Sprint. Any ideas?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yep you are right. Now days free Wi-Fi is readily available. Set it up to only use mobile data when a wifi signal is really weak. You will have better battery life.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I found that when I disabled the 4G and went to Wifi only my battery didn't drain as fast. I've also read other people say that when they are on 3G, CDMA only mode, that the device battery is dramatically improved. Only problem is when I go into the settings to switch Verizon only gives Global, LTE/CDMA, and GSM/UTS modes but no CDMA only mode like Sprint. Any ideas?

Verizon and ATT appear to have removed the choice for disabling LTE in the settings. What you can do though is dial *#*#4636#*#* (*#*#info#*#* if you find that easier) and going to phone info. In there you will see a menu if you scroll down where you can pick CDMA only.

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Verizon and ATT appear to have removed the choice for disabling LTE in the settings. What you can do though is dial *#*#4636#*#* (*#*#info#*#* if you find that easier) and going to phone info. In there you will see a menu if you scroll down where you can pick CDMA only.

When I dial it the number it just disappears and nothing happens

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
When I dial it the number it just disappears and nothing happens

Weird, maybe Verizon disabled it on their model. It works on the ATT model to switch between EDGE/HSPA/LTE. Unfortunately I don't know another way for sure to switch to CDMA only. You could try one of the LTE toggle widgets from the play store possibly.

Here's the same question for the ATT model with that method working so it's on Verizon for disabling it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=381464it

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Man, figures Verizon would do something lame like that.

Yea that's one of the many reasons I left Verizon. ATT isn't perfect but after trying all four carriers they have the best combination of coverage, price and not pulling stunts like this as often. Verizon wants people off its Evdo network for data since it's slow and they are hoping to move away from it as fast as they can. I was in a Verizon store a few days ago and someone was trying to buy the iPhone 4s and the salesman actually told the person not to buy a 3G only phone since, and I quote, "in a couple of years we are changing the towers and data won't work on 3G phones".

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of an app that could possibly get into that mode if the number isn't working since it looked like Verizon doesn't let you bypass it?

Most of the apps as far as I know don't allow you to get into the menu if you can't get into it with the dialer code. They are really just shortcuts to make it easier than typing the code every time. You would most likely need root of some type to re enable it since it probably is disabled deep in the system. You could install a custom rom like Android Revolution HD from XDA which would allow you to change it easily from the settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch