Menu button??

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've looked on the forums and the internet and found one article that says the m8 can be set to use the home button as menu button (long press). But I can't find the setting anywhere. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I'm on the Sprint m8. TIA for any help.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Try looking under settings, display gestures and buttons, home

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope, that's not how it works. The menu button will appear as a three dot drop down button in the app you are using. The home button will always be just a home button.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope, that's not how it works. The menu button will appear as a three dot drop down button in the app you are using. The home button will always be just a home button.

On the M8 you can't set the home button? I like how the M7 allows you to long press to activate menu or Google now.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
On the M8 you can't set the home button? I like how the M7 allows you to long press to activate menu or Google now.

You can still activate Google Now by swiping up, but that's it.

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've looked on the forums and the internet and found one article that says the m8 can be set to use the home button as menu button (long press). But I can't find the setting anywhere. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I'm on the Sprint m8. TIA for any help.

The option was present on the Sprint M8 at launch. Thing is, it didn't actually do anything. The option was removed in the last update.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I hate that the "recent" button doesn't short press as a menu like my original One. Such a hassle for me. Everything else about the phone is smarter and faster than ever, and they had to do this one dumb thing. Why not at least give the option instead of just taking it away?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I hate that the "recent" button doesn't short press as a menu like my original One. Such a hassle for me. Everything else about the phone is smarter and faster than ever, and they had to do this one dumb thing. Why not at least give the option instead of just taking it away?

Well technically the m7 didn't have a recent button, you had to double tap the home button.

I don't really understand why you would need the option? The app itself will have a menu button, so why include one in the on screen buttons?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Well technically the m7 didn't have a recent button, you had to double tap the home button.

I don't really understand why you would need the option? The app itself will have a menu button, so why include one in the on screen buttons?

The original One (one x) had a dual- propose right side button, which made complete sense. Not all apps have the menu on-screen, including the best browser I've found (Boat). I know people will justify it in multiple ways but when it comes down to it, it's clunky not to have it and I run into that several times a day in various apps.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The original One (one x) had a dual- propose right side button, which made complete sense. Not all apps have the menu on-screen, including the best browser I've found (Boat). I know people will justify it in multiple ways but when it comes down to it, it's clunky not to have it and I run into that several times a day in various apps.

I thought you were referring to last year's One, the m7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38