Power button issue

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have an issue with the power button long press quitt working? I had set mine to power menu and after awhile it quits working.

I can go into side button setting and just tap power menu again and it starts working again but then will quit working after a while.

Its weird...

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have an issue with the power button long press quitt working? I had set mine to power menu and after awhile it quits working.

I can go into side button setting and just tap power menu again and it starts working again but then will quit working after a while.

Its weird...
Might be a defect on the button i would return it, tell them and get it replaced.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Might be a defect on the button i would return it, tell them and get it replaced.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
It's working fine right now. I just tested again. Looks to me more like a bug though. If the button was defective I don't think it would work at all. Seems like it just goes unresponsive after a point. Gonna clear cache and see if that makes any difference. Single press works fine with no issues and double press works fine. It's just the long press that's acting weird.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
It's working fine right now. I just tested again. Looks to me more like a bug though. If the button was defective I don't think it would work at all. Seems like it just goes unresponsive after a point. Gonna clear cache and see if that makes any difference. Single press works fine with no issues and double press works fine. It's just the long press that's acting weird.

I tested mine like you did and it works correctly. I would return for a new one. Too expensive to settle.

wobdot72

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
mine also stopped working, I reset the side key and then it stops working, I have a Samsung S23 Ultra, also my partner has the same problem, he has a Samsung S23 plus

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
mine also stopped working, I reset the side key and then it stops working, I have a Samsung S23 Ultra, also my partner has the same problem, he has a Samsung S23 plus
I think it's gotta be a bug... the button itself is fine and works for everything else. Button passes the tests in Diagnostics. I have not factory reset yet, but have cleared cache in recovery but it didn't help. I have Verizon version of the S23 Ultra. I can always use the swipe down to reboot it or just tell Bixby to restart.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have my plus set to the same and it seems to work fine have you tried to reset your device??

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, I found the issue. My issue was caused by GoodLock. The sub app Registar was enabled and press and hold was set to none.

I turned off Registar and press and hold is now working again and I get my power menu back...

Hope this helps out you other guys..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK, I found the issue. My issue was caused by GoodLock. The sub app Registar was enabled and press and hold was set to none.

I turned off Registar and press and hold is now working again and I get my power menu back...

Hope this helps out you other guys..

Ahha nice finding

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app